Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Sushi + The Best Yes

I was trying to find the link up to/for Whatever Wednesday, but it doesn't look like they didn't do it this week. At any rate I thought I would do my own post.

I hope that everyone is having a great week. I sure am! I am a bit broke (only two days left until pay day..yay!), and our car is limping along, but it's been a good week. I am thankful and blessed.

Yesterday, I went out for Sushi with my friend Michele. I am wishing that I had taken more pictures, b/c the place was really nice. And their sushi was amazing. Arigato Sushi was where we went, and I would definitely go there again. The service was great, the food was fabulous, and the prices were pretty good. It was just under $20 for the appy, main course and a soft drink.

The atmosphere was also really nice.  Remember the the last time I went for Sushi? Well, I wasn't a huge fan of the place (it was ok, just not great); not great prices, and the atmosphere wasn't the greatest, but this place I would definitely go to again. I loved their decor; we sat in a little secluded table, which was really cool. At any rate, I would definitely rate the place an 8/10.

I had the Prawn and Veggie Tempura. I had had the Veggie Tempura before (which came in the Bento box), at the other place, which I did like, but this time I couldn't eat the last veggie one.  They had coated zucchini and carrots. I LOVED the prawn ones, though!!! I think next time I would just ask for the prawn tempura. It came with a very yummy dipping sauce. This was $7. This was a great deal (I think), and fairly filling. If you were to get this with a drink, I think it would be a great afternoon/late evening snack.

I had the Heart Roll as the main course. This was $9. It was eight rolls, so I thought it was a good deal. The Heart Roll had fish and avocado (which I don't like), and smoked salmon wrapped around the outside. It was actually really good. I did take some of the avocado out of some of the rolls, b/c I don't really like it, but I was able to eat most of it. There was wasabi (eww!) and ginger on each side of the plate, which was pretty to look at, but I only had a little of each, and I didn't like the wasabi, which was my problem..lol. I would get it again, though.

The tea they gave us was free,  which was a nice surprise, and it was good, but I think I like the Chinese tea better.  

It was a great time with my friend, and we had a great chat, which is the most important thing :)

After our Sushi date, I wandered over to Chapters to check out Lysa TerKeurst's new book, which all the "cool/hip" bloggers are talking/reading about; The Best Yes. They didn't have to so after some reading/relaxing/wandering around, I went to check out the book store at the mall. I have to admit, it's probably not for me, but I can see on how it would be good for and minister to other people. I have her other book, called "Unglued", which I actually may start reading soon. I also found out that I have "Becoming More than A Good Bible Study Girl", which also looks interesting. I still may buy "Yes" just to have in my collection, and I will glance through, as I am sure I would gather/glean something from it. I wanted to just catch up on what everyone is talking about!

Oh, and I may have stopped at Starbucks to redeem my free drink.
PSL, baby!!!

Happy Wednesday!!!

2 comments:

Angie said...

I've never tried Sushi. For some odd reason I just don't think I'd like it!

Have a good day friend :)

The A Team said...

Hi Ange! I didn't think I would like it either, and the firs time I wasn't sure, but now I really do love it.

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...