I hope this wknd has been a good one.
I just came back from visiting friend/former co-worker tonight, where I may or may not have had two apple rolls. Yummy! I am also a good fb/blogging friend of her daughter's, so we had fun having her in common as well.
Today, I went to work, and FB'd this morning, and I watched THE HIDING PLACE, which is amazing. I had watched it YEARS ago, and have wanted to watch it again. It is a wonderful movie. I read a couple of magazines that are due to go back to the library. I came home, where hubby had pretty much made supper (ribs, potatoes and corn..yum!), and I had just enough time to call my cousin (who I hadn't called for a month). Then I spent time at my friends house, visiting and catching up. It is odd, we live about 5 minutes from each other, and we NEVER get together; we are both so busy.
Ok, so on to this weeks TTOT:
1. That God always provides for us. I am in constant awe of how God makes our dollars stretch. He provides for everything that we need, and even some things that we want!
2. Impromptu Girls' Night. My neighbour and I have been wanting to get together all summer (same as my other friend), and last night, after work, and going to SBX to grab a PSL, I went over for what I thought would be an hour or two visit, and it turned into an all nighter!! It also turns out that she knows my brother, and when she was younger, she used to get baby lambs from our ranch. Well, anyway, we started watching Bridezilla, and chatted and had tea. We were then wanting ice cream, s off we went into the foggy/rainy night. We were going to go to DQ, but she also wanted to grab a few things from W@lmart, and we decided to grab sundaes in the McD's in WM instead. It was much cheaper and the portions were smaller, too, which was much better all around. We wandered around pretty much the ENTIRE store, and had so much fun!! We got back to her place, and where she finished cleaning her stove, and where I sewed up my new bra (more on that in another post), then we watched BZ again. I went to bed at 1 am!! Other than not being able to sleep, it has been a long time since I have stayed up that late. The evening was great, and I am so glad that I (well, we) made it happen!
3. Cheap PJ's and Movies. While we were at WM, we found $3 PJ's and $5 movies. I got a movie for hubby that I knew that he would like.
4. Fall/Autumn. I LOVE fall. As much as I love summer (and I do), I really do enjoy the seasons changing. Even though I am not a slave to fashion, I do love changing my wardrobe; the boots/shoes, baggy sweaters, scarves, yoga pants, etc. Back to school supplies (I am really sad that I didn't go back to school this year..I LOVE school supplies), I love the rain, the cooler weather. I also love the fall harvest.
5. Fall drinks are back! Starbucks (and other places) have PSL's, Salted Caramel Mocha/Hot Chocolate. I love, love, Love Fall drinks!!! Last night, I sat at SBX drinking my PSL, as it was raining...love the feeling!
6. A Decade of PSL Tumbler, 50% off! Yes, I purchased one. I love it!!! It is very pretty!
7. I am thankful that I live in a country and Province that actually have 4 seasons. Like I said, I love the changing of the seasons. I don't know if I could live in a place where it is hot.all.the time. Think of how boring that it would be if we only had one season?
8. I kind of mentioned this earlier, but fall clothes. I don't do a lot of changing of the wardrobe, and I am certainly not a slave to fashion, but I love the changes of fall fashion. I love scarves, the baggy sweaters, hoodies, and of course, the darker colours.
9. I am thankful for family and friends that "get it", or at least that try to sincerely understand my longing for a baby. I have said this before, but I love the
10. I am thankful that we live in an awesome Country that has not seen, and has not known war. Like I said above, I watched THE HIDING PLACE, and it amazing! I want to buy it. I think everyone should have a WW2 movie in their movie collection. It will keep you humble. Honest. True Story. Even if you don't have faith or are a Christian, you should watch it. The acting and set design alone is amazing (this was done back in 1977). I am thankful for our freedom. I try to not to take this for granted. I try to thank God every day (or at least recognise) for our freedom; physical, political, spiritual, etc.