Monday, June 17, 2013

A Follow up Father's Day Post

I would be remiss to acknowledge how hard Father's Day can be on some people. There are people who have lost their dad, or who are estranged, who have a terrible relationship with their fathers, or who are not yet fathers themselves.

It can also remind us Childless Parents yet again that we don't have kids. Father's Day doesn't affect me quite like MD does. I think because MD has to do with, well, me. FD doesn't affect Anker the way it affects me. As reflected in yesterday's post, he doesn't let it bother him. It doesn't even really affect me much anymore, which I am thankful.

There a lot of people, however who for them, FD is awful. I find it very interesting that there are usually a lot more MD cards than FD ones. When I was shopping online for the store for FD cards, there were none..oh, there was FD stuff; cups, ties, etc., but no cards, which I found very interesting. I also recall a story that Mom heard from someone quite awhile ago, where a prison had given or handed out MD cards, and most or all of them were used, but when FD came around, hardly, if any, were used or sent out. How sad is that? It breaks me heart to see and hear of families that don't communicate, or get along. It is foreign to me when I hear of people that don't get along with their families, or have not have a place to go for holidays. I am sad when I hear of people's fathers not being here anymore. My cousin is one such person. Her father died a few years ago, and when I posted about FD yesterday, she remarked on how it was for her read the post. Our dads look(ed) a bit alike, so that made it even harder for her. I felt terrible that I never even acknowledged that.

So, for the ladies (and men) who read this, who want to be parents (daddies) but can't...this is for you..you are not forgotten.

For those who have lost their fathers. You are not forgotten...this post is for you.

For those who's fathers are no longer in their lives, not from death, but from being estranged, this is for you. You are not forgotten.

For those who are longing for a father-like model, this is for you. You are not forgotten.

For those who are looking for their birthfathers; this is for you. You are not forgotten.

For those who are wanting to get in touch with their fathers, or who are looking for their dads, who are absent from their lives for various reasons, this is for you. You are not forgotten.

For those who's fathers have left or abandoned them; this is for you. You are not forgotten.

For those who's fathers/hsuabds are away in the army, fighting for our country, this is for you. You are not forgotten.

For those who's husbands/fathers are away for work, and couldn't be with their families yesterday, this is for you. You are not forgotten.

God has not forgotten you.

No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...