When A Door Closes...

I don't usually post twice in day, but when I saw a post to link up with, well, you know me, I HAD to do it:) Click on my previous post to take a look:)

Well, the job that I have I don't have any more. I won't get into it all, but suffice it to say, it wasn't for me. I had a 25 minute commute ( I know to most people it isn't a big deal, when your car is a bit of a gas guzzler it is), and I had to be on call the time. That was the main reason for me not staying. I also am not comfortable driving late at night in a car that isn't 100% reliable (granted, that would be fixed if we had more money..lol), and I know a not so-great-boss when I see one. I have had my share of really bad and abusive bosses, and even yesterday, I could tell that we wouldn't get along. The other reason was that it wasn't what I thought that it was going to be. It was working in a residential home, and taking care of their needs, plus running the house. I won't go into all the particulars, but I knew that I wouldn't enjoy it. I know that if the job isn't going to be fun or enjoyable the first day (other than being overwhelmed, and learning new things), I know that it isn't going to be any better in the coming days. I am too old to be working in a job that I don't enjoy, and dreading going to work every day. Trust me. I have been there.

I wrestled with this even during the shift, and last night. I hoped I was doing the right thing. When I talked with Anker about it,  he was on board with me, and he realized that I wouldn't enjoy it either, which isn't good for my health, and for our relationship. I called them this morning, and they were good about it. I have to admit, I was hoping that they would beg me to stay, but I am glad that I didn't have to make that choice. I talked with my boss at the book store, and she said that she would give me more hours. I hope I get some more hours next week. I know I will be working on Saturday all day.

Last night, we celebrated a young woman in the church's grad. It was a great time of laughter, prayer, food and of course, visiting. I came home around 9, and did some Facebooking, and called a classmate of mine that is actually working at the same place as I was. We worked together yesterday, and I called her to tell her how I felt yesterday went. I chatted with Anker last night, and I did a bit more stuff on the computer, and went to bed. I was sooo tired.

I am trusting the Lord to open another window. I hope I did the right thing:)


Popular posts from this blog

Five on Friday/Life Catch Up

Five on Friday (And Happy New Year)!!!

Five on Friday!