Sanding, and Painting, and Cooking, Oh My!

Before we get into the Easter Wknd, and all of its shenanigans, I should highlight last wknd :)

So, awhile back, Mom asked me if I could help her out on doing some projects on their B&B. The floor needed to be entirely redone. She wanted me to come and help her sand and paint the floor. Anker ended up wanting to come (yay!), so he actually did most of that, while I ran btwn the two houses. I also started painting the batton that is going to on the front of the building, but they changed plans the last minute, so I had to quit that. I didn't feel like I did too much, but it was a fun wknd, anyway.

Thursday: After some errands in town, we left at around 1:30, and while we were grabbing things for hubby to work on the car, we saw a local food truck (which isn't that popular here, yet). He sells hamburgers and hotdogs, and the onions smelled SO GOOD! We each grabbed one, and it was DELISH!

 Oh, and, yes, I did wear green...and my super cool pink SPD socks!!! I even wore some green earrings (can you see?) and a green hair band. You can also see the start of my sore that I talked (or rather, will talk about) in my Friday post.
We arrived about 3:30 or so, and went straight over to the B&B, and hubby started doing what he had to do, filling in the nail holes, and then sanding, and I went back to my parents' house to start dinner....well, to continue what Mom started. We had a nice late (ish) dinner, and then relaxed and watched a few episodes "Everybody Loves Raymond", and we chatted, and hung out with each other. Some of them went to bed early, and others (like myself) went to bed late.

Friday: We woke up at around 8 or so, and had breakfast, and then Mom and I got ready go vacuum the floor from the sanding from the previous day. Well, we ran into a bit of a snag (which has now been fixed), so that prolonged things a bit. We went into CW around 1:30, and since Mom had people working in her kitchen (long story), she took us out to lunch. We had DQ, then went to the local (and only!) really good hardware store in town. Came home and Mom and Anker went to start priming the floor, and I continued making supper. Of course, I probably hung out on my computer, blogging, FB'ing, etc, and I read magazines, too. Anyway...we had a late supper,and while Mom and Dad were out for a bit, Anker and I watched "Raymond", chatted, and did various things. I went to bed late, as usual.

Saturday: I slept in a bit, and then I had a late breakfast, then did a few errands (I can't remember what), then I started on priming the batton.

Since it was too cold to paint outside, Mom and I had to get organized in the furnace room. After I had painted one, I went over to my aunt and uncle's for a smokey roast. Yum! I was on my 6th one, when, as I was taking a break, Mom told me that they were planning on going a different route, so my painting services were no longer needed. LOL. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted. Just spent the rest of the aft/eve relaxing. Hubby changed the spark plugs and did an oil change on the car, and then we had a lovely gourmet supper of popcorn and pudding:) Mom made butterscotch pudding from scratch! It was SO GOOD! We watched Dateline from the night before (Mom PVR's it), and I watched another one about the OJ Simpson case.

Sunday: Since church starts at 11, hubby and I had relaxing morning. Dad, him and I had a nice visit, and we had breakfast, and then went to church (well, we obvs got dressed They had a first of two-part documentary called "The Easter Experience". It was really good, and presented by Kyle Idelman, and it is really good. They are showing the second part this week. We stayed at church for awhile, and then went back and started getting ready. Hubby was really wanting to come home, as I think he was missing the kitties :) We got a sub on the way home, and then that is when I started to get really sick. I had gotten a sore throat on Saturday, but I was feeling relatively ok. By Sunday night, however, my throat was getting SUPER sore, and I my head was starting to get compression in my sinuses, and my whole body started to ache. Hashtag #theweirdestcoldandfluever. And that was all that I seemed to have gotten this round, which was odd. I watched "The Passion Live", and it was well, interesting. I had some mixed reviews about it, but all in all, I think they gave out the correct and clear message; That Christ Rose again!!! I went to bed stupid late (esp since I had a cold), but I slept well, which was great. So that was our weekend.

Here are some more pics....I didn't take as many as I usually do, which is weird, but I did take a few.

 Looking south. I love this. I never tire of the scenery.
 I love my gum/rubber boots :)
 It's Smokey time!!
                                                                    The horses.

                                                                 This is Cap.


Popular posts from this blog

Five on Friday/Life Catch Up

Five on Friday (And Happy New Year)!!!

Five on Friday!