Sunday, November 10, 2013

Capture your Grief Photography Project; Days 8,9, & 10

I am determined to finish this:) I am actually on time, if I do this according to November 2013:)

As I have mentioned before, I am taking part in Carly Marie's Capture your Grief Project. This actually pertains to babies who have been lost through miscarriage, still birth, etc, but I am wanting to take part in this project as someone who has never (or will never) had a child. All too often, people focus on the baby loss, which is very important, but hardly anyone discusses or understands infertility. Just because we don't have anything to mourn, it doesn't meant that we don't mourn. If anything, it makes it harder, as we have no grave stone to visit, no box to go through, no birthday to celebrate, etc.

We are supposed to take pictures of our own, but I don't have a lot of pictures for this, so I am either using internet pics, or none at all. I have used a few pictures of my own that I am using, however. To be honest, I don't know how a person (even ones who are BLM's participating), can provide a picture for every single day. A lot of the days, while they are great subjects, don't seem to (in my mind) require a picture; I don't know how a picture would fit in..anyway..just a thought.

Ok....on with this post:)

8. Colour: What colour/s represent your baby? Why that colour/s?
Since we haven't had a child, we don't have any colours, however IF we had a girl, I would dress her in pink and purple:) A boy would be blue. Infertility Awareness colours are teal and pink.

9. Music: This might be hard to capture in a photograph so why not post a youtube clip of a piece of music that reminds your of your baby/ies/child/ren. Why this piece of music?

There have been a few songs lately that when I hear them, I really just shut the world off and think, and pray. I am loving this one, by Lincoln Brewster. It is called Surrender. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oyHpLg32c8

10. Beliefs: Do you have a certain belief about what happens to us after we die? You might believe that we go to a heaven or you might believe that our bodies eventually turn to dust and that is the end of our story. Before you take part in Day 10 please note this, I welcome everyone to join this Capture Your Grief Challenge including people of all belief systems and also those who have no beliefs at all. What I ask of you, is that you respect everyone else here. Please feel free to share your beliefs whether they are religious, spiritual or not. If you choose to share your beliefs today, please make sure that you respect everyone else’s beliefs even if you do not agree or understand them. Do not tell anyone else that they are wrong if they do not share your own beliefs and please do not push your views onto anyone else. I am very proud to say that everyone who comes to my page are 99% of the time respectful to each other and very kind (I sometimes wonder if I am being protected by a greater force as it is so rare to have so very few problems on a social media page with 1000′s of people!). I would really love everyone to honour this request for love and respect today. We can all complete this day peacefully together. I believe this day can be a very interesting and beautiful one. Let us honour our similarities and our differences too.

Wow...this could be a long one! I will keep it short, however. I am a Christian, and when babies die, I believe they go to heaven. End of story. As adults, if you have made a conscious decision to follow Jesus, and He is your Salvation, you will go to heaven. I am not going to go into the particulars, etc, because that isn't what this project is about:)

No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...