Monday, June 23, 2014

Liebster Award!



I have been nominated by my NEW follower Rachel @ A Vivacious and Carefree Life for the Liebster award!!! This is my second nom, as Sky Anne had nominated me a few months back.
Here goes everything *laughing*
Rules:
1. Post 11 random facts about yourself
2. Answer 11 questions from the blogger than nominated you
3. Nominate 11 bloggers to receive the award
4. Write your own 11 questions for those bloggers
5. Notify them of the award.
So...here it goes!!
11 Random Facts about Me:
1. I am the oldest of 7 kids.
2. I was homeschooled
3. I am a farm kid.
4. I am a preachers kid.
5. I got married a little "later" in life, at the ripe old age of 31.
6. My husband is near;y 15 years older than me.
7. I spent the first two years in the hospital, due to MAJOR health complications...8
8...and I went back to the (nearly) same hospital nearly 34 years later, due to more major health complications.
9. I still buy CDs, and I listen to them on my '00's made stereo.
10. Even though I grew up on a farm, I can't drive a standard to save my life.
11. I have one nephew and two nieces.
Questions that my nominator asked me:

1. When did you start your blog?
I started in 2007
2. What made you decide to start blogging?
To keep up with family and friends; to journal about our life, then eventually it was to blog about our life as a childless couple
3. What is your favorite blog of all time to read?
hmmm..I have a lot!! 
Here are a few of my faves, though..

4. Do you use blog hops? If so please share which ones.
Yes!! Here are some of the "buttons" (not links).





5. What is the last book you read, tell us about it?
I am not sure if was the last book that I read, but I read "Safe Haven" by Nicholas Sparks, and I loved it. I have been trying to read Danielle Steels new (er) book "Winners", but I can't seem to get into it.
6. What is your favorite blog post you have written?
Uh..lots! I like ones that bare my soul, though :)
7. Do you work out of the home? If so what do you do?
Yes. I am a casual/on call Community Support Worker for a community living company, and I love it.
8. Which season do you prefer? Why?
All of them! I do love me some summer, though. I love it b/c it is HOT and I can spend time at the beach..and swim...and I love camping!
9. What is your favorite kind of music?
I like all but hard rock (like severe hard rock), and rap.
 10. Do you like sports? If so which ones or one?
You mean to watch? I love figure skating, and hockey, and occasionally, some football, but only the Canadian games (CFL).
11. If you had one piece of advice to give your 16 year old self what would it be? 
No regrets. Don't wait around to go to school, take the class, just DO it!
Questions to my Fellow Bloggers
1.  What movie have you watched 3 or more times?
2. What was the first blog (if you can remember) that you read?
3. Do you listen to the radio? If so, which station?
4. What is your favourite Summer time activity?
5. What/who was your first concert you went to?
6. Do you camp? If so, do you tent, trailer, cabin, RV?
7. Where are you in your family (oldest, middle, youngest, only)?
8. What i your favourite flavour of ice cream?
9. Do you have the entire CD collection of one particular singer?
10. Do (or did) you have pets?
11. Pie or cake?

Nominations

(Yes, I realise that a lot of these are Canadian Bloggers! I don`t see too many, and we Canadian bloggers need to be noticed and celebrated, too!!)
Now...go now, and do the same (as a Great Man once said).

PS...I re-read the Liebster Award "rules" and I forgot that that blogs should have less than 300 followers in order for them to be nominated..oh well..i am not redoing it, bc I don't feel like it..haha...most of my noms have less than 300, I think, anyway.

4 comments:

Louise Chapman said...

Oldest of 7, wow! And first two years in the hospital...do you have any memory of that?

The A Team said...

yah, i do, actually...of the trach hurting when I was picked up, mom coming and leaving...mainly from my second year,though.

Natasha said...

Thanks for the nomination. My post is coming out next week. I loved answering the questions and remembering things I had forgotten.

Also, that is quite the start to life :)

The A Team said...

Thanks, Natasha! Yah, it was, but what can you do? Thanks for visiting!!

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...