Friday, August 3, 2018

Five on Friday

Happy Friday, Friends!!

It is a long weekend here in Canada (BC Weekend, Civic Holiday, Jean-Baptiste Day, August Long weekend, depending on where you live in Canada, it has a different name), and even though I am not working, it is still nice to have that "long weekend" feeling! Also, my condolences for my American friends who have to start back up to school already. We have over a month left :) #sorrynotsorry.

Here are my Five from the last week:

1) We had a lovely Anniversary. Compared to last year, it was heaven! We hung out all day, doing our separate things, and then went to White Spot for supper. I had thought that we would watch a movie together when we got back, but we ended up spending time together in the yard, and I read for a few hours. The night before, we went for a walk down by the river. They had done some improvements, as they have made a new float plane dock, so they put in some benches, lights, and an arch. I had seen it before (it was done this spring), but Anker hadn't. There were even some new things since I went for walk there a couple of months ago.

This was taken back in June :) I didn't take any pics of the benches this time, I guess.
 The new float plane dock!
                                                                   I love the arch!

 I know that I had put these on FB, but I can't find them anywhere. I had a virgin ceaser. We each had Fish and chips!! We also each had their Blueberry Pie!!!


2) I am enjoying the summer. I have been house-sitting, which I love b/c it is like a mini vacation. I even went to my brother and my sister-in-laws place for the night while they were away, so I could be alone. I watched 4 movies (Table 19, Brain on Fire, Breakfast at Tiffany's..which those were all on NF...and I also watched a Hallmark movie on a DVD called At First Glance..all were good), and in the morning, I had breakfast out on the patio! I also house sat for some friends for four days! I am also doing some on the weekend, and some later in the month. We have had some HOT weather, and it started cooling down yesterday. We even got some rain last night!!! I have been to the beach once, and I floated around in my friends pool on Tuesday!! Honestly, where have those Float-things been all my life??? I have been getting some appointments  done, and I have been kind of cleaning our house! Ha! Oh, and I have been getting some reading done (books!!), and of course, reading magazines. I haven't been getting as much reading as I thought..I guess I have been busy...which has been good. Or, I have been on the computer, and watching tv/movies. Oh yah...and I am watching tv and movies!! I have been spending time at the library a lot, too...which is nice. I don't have to buy anything, and parking is free, and unlimited! I have also been busy catching up with family and friends (phone and in person). Coffee, beach, pool, etc. A friend and I also went to a Mary Kay (she just has gotten started with/in MK) Awards night at Hotel 540, and the food was SO GOOD!
                                          Breakfast at/on my brother's from the other week.
                                                      Benny, their Himalayan!!!

The gift they gave me!!

3) Anker went to church with me on the 22nd. He also went to the after church BBQ. He said he had a good time, and that he felt comfortable there. He didn't go last wknd, b/c I was house sitting, and I was also learning the worship slides...but also there was someone else speaking...and he also wasn't feeling well. He says that he will go this week. We'll see...I hope so!

4) Mom and I went for coffee last Tuesday at Red Beard Cafe. Not only did she bring me flowers for no reason, but I also had one of the best donuts EVER! They only make them once a week, and they are delicious!!! They were over $3, but all worth every penny!


5) My brother (who was gone for 3 wks) and my SIL (who was gone for 5) and their family are back!!! I missed them!!! H was super happy to see me! I picked them up from the airpot on Saturday (When people ask if I can take them to and from the airport, I always tell them they can walk..since we live so close...but they never listen!! LOL). My other brother and his family are moving to be closer to our parents. Even though they won't be closer per se, it will feel closer b/c I/we go there more then going to Vernon/Lumby. I am really happy about it!

6) I got #allthefreestuff from my friend the day, so I can review it on my blog and IG. A company also reached out to me (after I mentioned them in my IG story) and is sending me a coupon for a free product!!! I will do a review on my blog from the box and product as soon as I have fully tried out the products.




7) Anker has been making jams and jellies from apricots and mint! Our garden has been giving us veggies. Yum!!! When we went to/for our BBQ the other Sunday, our friends' tree had a ton of apricots on it! We all picked some....and there are more besides!! I ate a ton..and the rest he made in jelly.




8) My White Cheddar Popcorn Topper came last week from Epicure! I know have the Maple Kettle Corn and the White Cheddar. I cannot wait to try both together (well different batches!)


Wow...That was a long post!!! It took me ages to write and post pics!

****I also found on my IG today that one of my blogging "friends" that I follow got some horrible news about their daughter. Please go to April's blog or her IG to give her an encouraging word***




No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...