Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Weekend Wrap-Up: The End of School Year Edition (June 22-25)

Well, I realize that it is now half way through the summer, but I still want to talk about the wknd after school wrapped up. I did kind of blog about it here, but I wanted to do a more in-depth blog post about it.

Friday: School (and staff) let out at noon. Ya'll, we were SO excited!! I got a lot of fun gifts from the parents, and some from other staff. I don't remember what I did that afternoon. I think I had coffee with a friend. It was so long ago now! I probably ran some errands, and then I got ready for the trip to the ranch. I decided that we would leave the next day, as I knew that I would be tired.

                                           I might have gone to Starbucks twice in one day.

Saturday: I don't remember that we left super early. We probably left around 1 or 2. I probably had errands to do, or something. We got to the ranch, and Mom was (as usual!) about to go a do a project, so I went and did the best thing I know how...I sat and watched! Anker went off to find something to do! We visited while she painted, and then we went and sat by the river.  We had burgers and pie for supper that night, and I don't know what we did in the evening. I think we watched a show or movie or something.
                                       

                       Don't worry, I took my feet down the second after I took my picture.

Sunday: I slept in, Dad made me coffee, and Mom did my hair, and I got ready for church. After church, I sat outside and read for a bit. Then I went over and visited my aunt and uncle. Anker joined us, and then we all had things to do, so we all went our separate ways. My other aunt and uncle had invited us for dinner when I was talking to them after church, so we went up there around 6. We had a wonderful dinner, and we stayed until 10 visiting. It was SO nice not to have to leave on Sunday!!



Monday: I slept in, and Dad and Anker had a short visit in the morning. Dad and Anker usually have their visits in the morning. Mom, Dad, and V had to come into Kamloops, so we had the house to ourselves! I sat and read, for a good part of the day! It was rainy and chilly! I actually had socks and a  blanket on. I ended up starting supper, as they weren't back from town yet (we found out that they were behind an accident, and were awhile getting back). I did a "Tupperware Cooking Show" (Ellen should be calling me any day now!), on my TW group (join it if you want!). We had spaghetti and sauce for supper. YUM!!! I was hoping to get into the pool, but it wasn't really warm enough. Anker ended up doing some projects that needed doing, and I was super impressed that he was out almost the entire afternoon, even during the rain! After supper, I think the guys all watched some odd show, and I hung out in the bedroom.



                                                                 Like my socks??

Tuesday: I think I slept in again. Mom and I went for a walk (I think?), and/or we read magazines for a bit. I think that might have been on Monday or the next weekend...I cannot remember. Ha! We left probably around 11 or 12. Maybe a bit later. At any rate, even though I cannot remember what I did, I know that we had a great wknd!!!

No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...