Saturday, August 18, 2018

Five on Friday

Hello from Smoky Kamloops! Yes, that IS our new name! Most of the province is on fire, so there smoke pretty much everywhere you turn. I was talking to one of my SILs who lives on VI, and she said that it was clear today, but that they had some smoke earlier in the week. It is now seeping into the buildings. Ugh! But my mom reminded me that at least we aren't the ones having to evacuate. I am VERY thankful for that. The only thing that we have to put up with is some smoke. Hey, at least it is cooler!! I managed to clean out our fridge today. There were some science experiments in there, y'all!

Her are some fives from the week:

1) I met up with THREE friends for coffee this week! It was fun to connect and of course, have a Starbucks!

2) I got some makeup from the new Sephora store that opened up. I had fun getting a mini make over and a some free stuff. I then went to get the cheaper stuff from Shopper's Drug Mart, but it is a great place to get ideas :) I got some redness reduction primer from Smashbox, and I really love it! I also got some CC cream from it cosmetics, and I have to somehow try and get some somewhere, b/c I really do love it!!! Then, since I signed up for their rewards program, I got my birthday gift from Bite Beauty, which was some lip liner, lipstick, and some lip scrub and balm :) I found some redness reduction stuff from Pur Minerals from Shopper's (which was down from $43 to $12.99), and I would have bought that, but I went to our local (closer) SDM, and they had one from Maybelline (which was normally only $14, but it was $11-something). I actually haven't tried it yet, but I cannot wait to see on how it works!
                                                          Maybelline Redness Control
I tried the Sephora stuff today.
                                                           I love my new makeup!!

3) I went to Costco with K, and I saw these Bark Thins, and I HAD to have them. Since she owed me $7 for something I picked up for her, she said that she would buy something for me. They were SO GOOD! I actually had had some where I was house sitting, which was on how I knew that they were out of this world!

4) Anker and I saw on our local midday news show that they were giving away metal straws if you took a picture of your recycling, and showed them. So, I did just that, and I got my straws!

5) I also tried a new cider this week, and it was very good!!! Naramata Cider is SO GOOD!!! I don't know where she got it, but I will have to try to find it and get it soon!!!



What are you faves from the week??



No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...