Sunday, August 12, 2018

Summer (so far) In One Post

I have to say that this summer has been pretty good! For some reason, I am feeling less stressed than last summer. Not sure why, but hey....I will take it!

We have had a mixed back of weather...warm, cool and rainy, then back up to warm (with a bit of rain), and now smoke (thanks to all the fires burning in BC and probably some from the US, and who knows where else), but it is cool. Weird.

We will have had a total of 10 weeks of summer break when I got back on Sept 4. I think I go back for a meeting, and class schedule on August 30th, but I don't count that. I don't know if I am excited to back or not, but I am looking forward at getting back into a routine (such as it is), and having something to do every day. Oh, and the money is nice. Ha!

I have met up with friends and family for coffee, gone to the beach once, house sat 3x (or will have by the end of the summer), read (magazines and books), watched countless movies and tv shows, done zilch cleaning (well, I did clean the house a bit when Mom came last month), slept in, gone to Vancouver, Calgary, gone to my parents' a few times, endless trips to the library, spent money on dollar drinks at McDs, gone to the park a few times, celebrated our anniversary, done some babysitting, listened/watched numerous IG stories (as well as done more than I probably should), shopped, swam in a couple of pools, gone on a couple of dates (with my husband, just to clarify!), visited my childhood friend, gone for a few coffees alone (which I need and love), watched Mama Mia 2 (it was really good), started learning the worship/sermon slides at church, gone two a couple o BBQs, met up with friends for lunch a few times, ran numerous errands, and so far, I have only managed to get one sunburn! It has been a pretty good summer, and I am really happy and thankful that it has gone so well.

One of the highlights this summer is that Anker came to church with me a few weeks ago! He hasn't come again, but that has mostly been b/c I didn't go last week (oh yah, I managed to go to church 9 wks in a row....whether it was in Calgary, at my parents, or here in town), and this week there was (and is) a ton of smoke, and that was bothering Anker (honestly, I think he was exaggerating a tad, but to be fair, it is pretty bad, and it does affect both of us). I hope that he will come with me either the next wk, or the wk after (I might skip next wk).

We also had a lovely anniversary on July 27th. I cannot believe that it has been 11 years!!!  I might do a marriage post sometime, but it is pretty much the same stuff that I say each year....:) It's hard work, blah, blah :) We had a relaxing day, and then we went to dinner. We spent time outside in our yard, and I read for a bit.

Well, I think that about does it for now. I won't post any pics, as there are all on my IG feed, or my FB :)

Also, my apologies to all my American friends who are sending their kids back to school tomorrow. Or, maybe they are all happy..haha :) I love that we still have 3 more weeks left....although I am itching to start the summer in May when we still have weeks left to go! So, happy first day back to school for tomorrow!!! Now, pardon me while I have another glass of wine and sleep in tomorrow :)

No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...