Sunday, August 12, 2018

Weekend Wrap Up: Canada Day Edition




Well, it is now mid-August, and I am just now writing about my Canada Day wknd. Whatever.

Friday: I had sushi with a friend at Edo Japan, and it was really good! I think I ran a few errands, and then I left to go to my parents'. Anker decided that he would stay home this time. I am not sure at what time I got to the ranch. It was probably around supper. I really remember what I did, but I am sure it was a fun time. Ha!

Saturday: The wknd was kind of cool and damp, so I couldn't go into the pool, but I did spend some time reading, and visiting. I think I cleaned up the kitchen. A friend of Mom's came over, and she helped her with her garden. To be honest, I was in a bit of grumpy mood, but I still managed to enjoy the time out there. My sister made pies for the piecakken (yes, it's a thing), and we watched The Shallows in the evening.
                   
                                           It was so cold, that I had blanket while I read.

Sunday: Church, and then we started getting ready for the party. My aunt and uncle hosted the CD BBQ, so all we had to do was get things ready to go. I don't remember what I brought. I think chips. Then, Mom and I ran a short errand. We read magazines and then came back to join the party. The supper was SO GOOD, filled with all kinds of good things! The piecakken was a hit, and we all ate much too much. We visited on the deck for over an hour afterwards, which was totally fun. It ended being a lovely evening. The sun came out to play, and then it rained a bit. After dinner, we came home and hung out. I think I ended up reading. My sister in law gave me a lovely belated birthday gift as she was leaving.

                                       
The only red and white picture that I got.
The Piecakken. You're welcome.
                                                              Love where I grew up!


Monday: Vienna and I decided to go into town to have lunch. We thought that we would make use of the time together, before she goes away. We had lunch in town, and ran a few errands, and then came home.

Tuesday: Mom and I went for a walk before I headed out to come back home...around 11 or so. Of course, THAT was the warmest day! I couldn't stay, though, as I had an appointment that afternoon.

You know on how some blog posts just flow so easy, and some are harder? This was harder...I think because I don't remember the entire wknd. Oh well. It took a ton more pics, so head on over to my IG page to check them out!



No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...