Friday, July 27, 2018

Salmon Arm Weekend (May 25-27)

So this post is two months post trip, but I am going to do it, anyway. I hope I can remember what we all did! Enjoy!

On the Memorial Day Long wknd in May (25-27), I went to my aunt's house in Salmon Arm, the next (largish) town over to the East. Her husband died in March, and I had been wanting to see her for ages (even before he died). We finally agreed to my coming on that wknd (our long weekend was the wknd before, but that was our cousins wedding, therefore, I couldn't go..as we would all be busy with that).

Friday: I left around 5 after running some errands (I can't remember exactly when I left). I arrived at around 7. I think I grabbed supper along the way, or maybe we had dinner when I got there. I can't remember. Ha! We might have had a late night snack :) We had a nice evening of visiting, and watching some Big Bang. Then we went to bed around 1.

Saturday: We slept in, and had two breakfasts, b/c that is what you do when you are on holidays! We left to check out DeMille's Farm. We had such fun looking around. Shelley wanted to go and look at the at the animals. I would have gone, but then I saw an emu (not to mention a rooster), and I said forget that! They also have an ice cream stand, a garden centre, and a market. After the farm, we went into town and grabbed a coffee, at, where else?...Starbucks. We sat and read, talked and she did up some cards. We were going to go to the candy store, but they closed early. Bummer! I might have been super sad and mad about it. But, she promised that we would go the next day! We went for a walk around the park, and then grabbed McD's for supper. I think we went for ice cream at at the gas station. Yes, I know that doesn't sound good, but trust me, Tappen Co-op has amazing ice cream. I am not sure which ice cream it was, but it is good. And they give you amazing sizes!!! We went home and watched Big Bang, and then watched New in Town. We had snacks and drinks :)

Sunday: We slept in again, and then had breakfast. I think we went back to the farm to grab stuff that we wanted but that we didn't end up buying the day before. We went to The Candy Vault, where I may have spent my weight in candy. Ok...not that much, but I spent more than I should have :) After that, we took a drive around town. Then I think we came home for a few minutes, then we went to Herald Park to sit and relax for a bit. Then it was time to go back, where she made us supper. I think she made a tortoire with salad. Or, maybe that was on Friday :) See, it was so long ago, that I don't remember what we did when (or what we ate!). I thought about staying the night, and leaving early the next morning, but I decided to get home. I left around 7. It was a wonderful time. We visited, we watched Big Bang, we ate. We slept. The end.

Here are some pictures: You can see the rest on my IG feed.









No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...