Friday, July 27, 2018

Five on Friday-Anniversary Edition

Happy Friday, Friends!!! I hope you had a wonderful week. Also, my condolences to all the kids and school staff who have to go back to school next week! I hope it's not too painful for you!!!

It is our 11 year anniversary today! I believe that we have to buy gifts with steel, or fashion, jewelry or accessories. And the colour is turquoise. I am not sure of our plans today. We were going to go to the lake, but there is a bit smoke coming from fires from Europe and the Yukon, so I think we will just hang out here, and go out to dinner tonight :)

So, I have just now decided that this will be an anniversary edition of FoF :) So, here, goes!

1) We have stuck together for 11 years. That is longer than most celebrity marriages (we're looking t you, Kim K!!). It has not been easy. Marriage has been hard work, y'all. But we are in it forever. It really bothers me when people say that they tried, or that they are no longer in love with each other, or that they have gone separate ways....the list goes on. Guess what? It's not a walk in the park! I know there are people who stay together just to stay together...whether it be for financial security, companionship, or they don't know what else to do...as long as you the relationship is healthy, you both are happy, and you are making fun memories, then, well....keep on keeping on!

2) We have been through a lot. One move (two apartments) 4 garden years, multiple diagnoses, two near death experiences, 3 cats (more if you include the kitties from said wandering kitty that we took in, then she got out and got herself preggers), infertility diagnoses, one year of school (me), a couple of career changes (also me), a few deaths, several weddings, lots of family get togethers, lots of nieces and nephews, a few weddings (not ours), multiple trips, a few job changes (both of us), social media, 3 cars, and a few financial hardships!

3) We have had a lot of fun memories. We went camping on our honeymoon to Cultus Lake, saw the fireworks in Vancouver, went to Edmonton (twice), various camping trips, Vancouver multiple times, multiple trips to the ranch (I know, it's not exciting, but we did make memories), Vancouver Island (2 or 3 times), along with various memories here in town. Why, just last night, we went for an hour walk, and then enjoyed our yard.

4) We had a very simple wedding. We went as inexpensive as we cold. Our pictures were film (FILM!), the day was 40c (it was HOT), our wedding and reception were held in the church that we went to. The reception was catered by the ladies of the church. We bad blue cake. Our colour was blue. We each had three attendants. We also had three flower girls and one ring bearer. Both my dad and our pastor married us. My dress was bought off the rack (with some alterations). The girls' dresses were also bought off the rack at Sears. I don't remember where we got the flower girl dresses from. We got married on a Friday. We went to get some ice caps in btwn the wedding and reception. We had our pictures at the local park. I asked my dad if he could bring in a truck full of hay, so we could have a picture or two on it (it didn't turn out like I had hoped, but it was still a fun memory and picture). Our car was toilet papered :) Our wedding was such a fun day!!! A lot of people said that our wedding was one of the most fun that they had been to. We stayed our wedding night at the Best Western (it has since moved its location, which is why I won't link it), came visited with our family the next morning (they stayed in various motels near the church), and we came home and opened our gifts and got ready to leave on/for our honeymoon!!

5) I had the smallest (and weirdest) bachelorette party, ever! I think 3 or 4 ppl came, and it was at my friends house. We had an interesting shaped cake. There were a few gifts. It was hilarious!!! I also had a nice wedding shower. My mom and my MOH (and my sister, I think) planned and hosted it at/in a local hotel restaurant/meeting room. We also had a money tree party after church one day in Kamloops. Poor Anker didn't have anything, I don't think. Maybe he and a few guys had a game night. I don't remember. Poor boy.

So, there you have it! Some of the five facts/favourite things about our wedding and marriage! You're welcome!
The day was so hot. In all my pictures, my face was red. I wasn't super impressed with them (they could have at least taken the red out), to be honest. But, at least we have them :)








No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...