An Update, and a Give Away! (yes, again!)

I have many different posts always running in my head, but I never seen to get them down. They always seem great in my head, but I either don't end up getting to blogging, or I forget, or it doesn't seem relevant anymore, or when I get to write it down, it doesn't look/sound good. Anyway, today, I am excited about blogging, as I am catching up on a few blog posts (I follow 173 blogs, and no, I don't read them all every day), and they are all written so beautifully, I got all excited to do a few blog posts. Does anyone else like that? I find I get bleh about blogging, then I get excited about it; blog a few posts, then get bleh/meh about it again. Am I normal?

I have another follower. I have hit the big 3-0. Yay! And yes, I had said that I would do a contest/giveaway for my mom's book when I hit 30 followers, but when I ran it a few months ago, only one person entered, so I didn't go through with it. SO, I am going to try it again. This is my first time doing a give away, and to be honest, I don't know how to do it, so you will have to bare with me. I was going to give away 2 (one to the followers who enter, and one to ANYONE who enters), but I think I am going to give away just one. This is a draw. I am not going to give a book to EVERYONE who enters (I wish I could!). So, please leave a comment on my blog, and I will do a draw. I will give you a link to my mom's book at the end of the post.

But first, an update. Yes, I know, you all live my (our) week/end updates...LOL. I do this mainly so that I can look back and see what we did. Yes, I have a journal, but this makes it easier to check on what we have done in the past (holidays, birthdays, etc). I don't do one every week/end, b/c frankly, it  gets boring, and it adds an extra blog post, and I just don't feel like doing them each week. (although I do try and do some sort of update in some form via Oh Hey Friday, or any other blog link up).

So, last week was much quieter than the week prior, for which I am grateful. Sunday (last) we left the ranch and came home and relaxed. Anker was still not feeling well at all, due to his quad accident, so I had to help him do simple things, like dressing. Monday, I worked a 12 hour shift. It was good, but long. Tuesday, I spent the morning relaxing and hanging out on my computer. I went out later in the afternoon for some Starbucks and Sushi. Just spent the evening relaxing. I think. Wednesday, I watched "Labor Day", which was ok, but I wouldn't go out and buy it. Went to the chiropractor, and ran a few errands, then went to work.Thursday, I met up with my cousin and her family for a few minutes as they were on their way through town to Seattle. Got a few groceries, and went to Walmart to grab a few more things for the weekend, and came home and got ready to go. Stopped in Clearwater for a few minutes, and carried on our way.

Thursday night, we had a great time with family. We had a yummy bbq and enjoyed time with H, and his mom and dad of course. It was also a farewell supper for Vienna, before she leaves for her Far, Far Away Destination. We had a great evening, filled with lots of laughter. Anker and I slept in our tent, which had already been set up in my parents' yard from the week before. We LOVE camping. We really enjoy camping at my parents', as we get to sleep in our tent, but we have electricity for my sleep machine, and if we want, we can cook our food in the house. And there is a pool. Yup..we love it. I sometimes don't always sleep well when we camp, but I slept pretty well this past time.

Friday, we just relaxed most of the day. I won't go into the hourly play by play, because that would be boring, but I did chat with my friend, finish one of the books I was reading, and went to Clearwater to get/do things we forgot on our way. We had a family supper outside again, which was nice. Relaxed for the rest of the evening, and went to bed.

Saturday, I relaxed in the morning, and went to a Gospel Music festival that was going on down the road. My friend who I grew up with was there, and she suggested that if I could, come on over and have a visit. It was great to see her and two of her kids, and sit in the sun and listen to the music. Came home and swam in the pool and suntanned for a bit, and Anker and I chatted for awhile. Visited with my mom, cousin, and aunts, and had supper with the family again. Mutton roast. YUM! Enjoyed the evening with the family, and then visited with my cousin, and played cards with her kids. Went to bed at 11.

Sunday, we packed up, and left around 10. We spent the day relaxing, and I had a nap, then I went to work the graveyard shift. I may or may not have grabbed some DQ on the way. I had a good shift; I made Shepherd's Pie for the first time, in like, EVER, which is weird b/c I grew up on the stuff. I think it turned out really well. I also watched (while I worked, and after I was finished) a few movies on my Laptop. Made of Honor (I love that movie), The Wedding Date, and Pretty Woman. I love that I can watch movies while I am working at night. I love my job. Just sayin'.

Well, as usual, I have gone on too long, and it's too wordy, so I will close with the link to my mom's book (and coaching website). Silk on Fire website. Go and check it out.


Popular posts from this blog

Five on Friday/Life Catch Up

Five on Friday (And Happy New Year)!!!

Five on Friday!