Saturday, December 21, 2013

TToT- Christmas Edition

I haven't participated in a TToT in awhile, partially b/c I don't feel like I have a lot to be grateful for, but also because I just don't feel like blogging. However, since it is CHRISTMAS, I thought I should would this week.



 T E N  T H I N G S  O F  T H A N K F U L- C H R I S T M A S  E D I T I O N!!!!


1. The REASON for the SEASON:

I am thankful for the REAL reason that we celebrate Christmas, and that is JESUS!! If there was no Jesus, there would be no Christmas; simple as that!

2. Christmas Tree and Christmas Decorations:

It took us awhile to get into the "Christmas Spirit" this year; ie, putting up the tree. But we finally got to it. You can look here a tour of our home at/on/for the holidays. I usually do love putting up the tree, and decorating the house. Once I got to it this year, I actually enjoyed it.

3. Christmas Baking:

I LOVE baking (esp cookies) ANY time during the year, but especially at Christmas:) I have baked a few batches of cookies already. This also includes treats that you buy at the store; pecan pie, Christmas cake (yes, I LOVE fruit cake!!!), tarts. etc. I don't do pastry, so anytime I see pie, tarts, etc for a good price, I will grab some (even during the year). This also includes any baking I get at home. My aunt makes awesome Christmas pudding! Yummy!


4. Christmas Treats (and drinks):

Mandarin oranges, nuts, gingerbread houses, eggnog;  pretty much anything surrounding the season I love.


5. Family and Friends (parties, etc);

I love getting together with family and friends over this holidays.  I love hanging with my family at Christmas!!! I get to see my brother and his family, which I am SO looking forward to!!! I love Christmas parties, and visiting and laughing it up with friends.

6. Christmas Movies and Specials on TV (and bringing out our Christmas movies that we have) (and Christmas music, of course!!!):

I love (and have been) watching Christmas movies and Specials on Tv. I seem to be watching too much lately.  There is nothing quite like curling up on the couch in the evening, with the Christmas lights on, and watching a Christmas movie (or two!). I have already watched Scrooge twice.

7. Food!

Yes, I have already mentioned this..but there is nothing like sharing (and preparing) food over Christmas, especially when you are with family and friends.

8. Gifts:

One of my Love Languages is gifts. I freaking love gifts. Even though we have no money, I LOVE to buy gifts. We draw names now, but it is ALL I can do to NOT give everyone a lil something!! Even just now I wandered around the store, seeing if there was something I can give to my siblings (it also doesn't help that their bdays are in December...we have 2 Dec bdays and 2 Jan bdays in our family..nice going, Mom..lol). So, I feel like I have to buy something for them..:)

9. The Season of Giving and Receiving:

I love doing little things during this time of year. I try to bake cookies and give to people in our complex, and my family. I love getting extra little things as well. Hubby got a little hamper from the Brain Injury place the other day. We got some extra money. If I can, I try to give to the SA while I am out shopping. Hubby got a little bonus on his chq.

10. Extra Cash:

I have my job back over the holidays. I am very grateful. It is a few days a week, but it is better than nothing. For that, I am thankful.

10.1. That my family is healthy and HERE this Christmas:

I have one set of Grandparents that are not alive anymore. I especially miss my grandpa over the holidays. He loved this season. Plus he gave me awesome gifts..lol:) JK. I am SO thankful that my parents, siblings my aunts, uncles, and of course Hubby are all (semi) healthy and alive! I was just on FB, my SIL's Aunt's sister (Her dad's brother's wife) just died from cancer. My other SIL's Gramma (who I knew fairly well) died. There is so much sadness in this world. I know that we are not exempt from this, but I am grateful that we are HERE (even though not together) on earth this season. My brother and his family are arriving today. I will be praying for them all day, that they have a good trip!

10.2: White Christmas

It snowed pretty much all day here yesterday. I think we will having a White Christmas. I love it!!!

Well, that about does it for me today!!! I have loved doing the TToT with Liz (among others that host it) each week! I hope to do a lot more next year. And yes, I will try to participate at least every couple of weeks!! Knowing/saying/thinking on what you are thankful for is great for the soul!!

                                

                                   MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!


5 comments:

Stephanie @ Life, Unexpectedly said...

Sorry, April, but winter celebrations much precede Christianity; the re-birth of light is the actually reason for the season. Besides that, I love your list. Baking, having a home, and a job is definitely something. I am excited for my gifts, but even more so I'm excited for the gifts the girls and hubby are getting :-)

Enjoy the holiday season!!

Lizzi said...

A very pretty post indeed. Glad you're enjoying Christmas.

Clark Farley said...

and!! the days are getting longer!!! (this is huge with me. while the temperature will not rise fast enough…the days will stay light longer and longer.

I'll take.

Unknown said...

What he said! Lighter days please! Glad you posted! Your list conjured lots of memories..

Michelle Liew said...

I too am grateful for this season! And those treats are lovely! Love Mandarin Oranges! Thanks for sharing with us this week.

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...