Wednesday, December 30, 2015

The Greatest Of Gifts

Quite a few years back, I gave my dad A FATHER'S LEGACY, a book that he was to fill in, and give back to me. It was a book like of like a Baby Book (remember when those were all the rage?), about his hopes, dreams, how he met Mom, best and worst subjects in school, etc. I would catch him writing in it every once in awhile, but I to be honest, I didn't think that he would ever finish it. I TOTALLY forgot that he had it/was working on it, and so it was a TOTAL surprise when I opened it up to find it! I LOVE it, and it is so awesome! And yes, pre-Internet, which you can tell (the book, not his writing), but that kind of cool, too. Anyway...that was DEFINITELY my favourite gift this year! I love gifts like that....gifts that are meaningful, and thoughtful. Gifts that have heart and soul in them. It is a special gift...one that I am sure I will look through time and again. I also have given one of those same books to my mom and grandma...neither which have finished them! I hope they give them to me in this century...lol.

I haven't really talked too much this Christmas about..well, the meaning of Christmas. I am SO glad that God sent His Son in the form of a tiny baby, 2,000 years ago. Without His gift, our world would be in such a terrible state (much more than it is in right now..lol). I am thankful that God loved me enough to send Jesus take bring peace, to redeem us all, and to take away our sin. Sometimes, in all the hustle and bustle, the decking the halls, the baking, the rushing around to get the perfect gift, we forget what it is REALLY about. I don't even think I read the Christmas Story this season! I did do Chris Tomlin's ADORE (he has a new album of/by the same name, which I SO want to get next year), devotion on YV, but that was about all. I think I only went to church once during Advent. Ugh. I feel a bit out of touch about the real meaning of Christmas this year. I have listened to Christian Christmas music, which is awesome, and doing some devotions, but that is pretty much it. I am SO glad that God (kind of) looks over/above and beyond that, and loves me anyway!! Thank You, God, for sending Your Son. Thank you Jesus, for coming!!!
(FYI: I think the Elf on the Shelf deal is creepy! LOL )

Isaiah 9:6

For to us a child is born,
    to us a son is given,
    and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
    Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Luke 2:13-14

13 Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,
14 “Glory to God in the highest heaven,
    and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”

The book that I gave Dad, and that I got for Xmas:

 

No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...