Monday, December 28, 2015

Merry Christmas 2015

This is post is A couple of days late, I know, but I worked CD, as well as the last few days (tomorrow, too), and my laptop has been giving me problems, so I haven't really felt like doing much on it, more than necessary. I also have a few drafts that I want to write/post as well.

So...my/our Christmas started Dec 23 (Wed). (I have been going almost non stop since Dec 23... I feel like I haven't really relaxed in a week...lol.) Anyway...that day, I spent mainly getting stocking stuffers, and running around. I had gotten a few gift cards (BB&B, The Bay, M&M Meats), so I had fun using them. I also grabbed a coffee at Starbucks, and read some magazines before I set out on my shopping. Everywhere I went was a ZOO..AND a parking lot. Ugh. It was horrible. And snowing..so, that was fun. NOT! I took a few gifts to my friend J (who lost her hubby this last year), and she invited me in for a few minutes...we had tea, shortbread and chat. Her tree is gorgeous. I took I pic, but it turned out blurry.  I grabbed some supper from/at M and M Meat Shop, and hubby and I hung out and watched TV, and ate, and had a nice evening.

Thursday, I woke up around 8, and pretty much went all day..cleaning, getting things ready for the dinner, etc. We went to my brother Adam's around 2. We had a lovely evening, relaxing, visiting, and of course, eating. We opened our stocking stuffers/gifts, and we left around 7. My parents and my little brother stayed over, which was fun. They NEVER go away for Christmas, and they came and visited me, since I had to work on Christmas Day. We relaxed in the evening and watched Die Hard...which I found a bit boring...lol. It was fun to watch it, though, since I had never watched it before.

Friday, we woke up around 8, and visited, opened our gifts and stockings, and had a nice brunch. of waffles, bacon, and eggs. I took a few pictures, but they turned out horrible, so I won't post them on here...they are, however, on my IG feed :) They left at around 12:30, and I laid on the couch for a nap, then I went to work. It was an ok day, and it went fairly fast, which was awesome. We had turkey dinner (albeit a bit late..lol), and visited with friends/co-workers. The rest of the day was fairly relaxing. Came home, had some Christmas goodies, and watched the first part of CMA Country Christmas. I finished the last part on Boxing Day.

So, that was our Christmas 2015!!

I didn't take a ton of pics, but here are the few that I did take.

                                    Chillaxin' before dinner (waiting for the turkey to be done.lol).
                                  Dinner time :) I apologize for my family's expressions...lol.

                                                               Skyping with V.


                                                               I love their tree.
I have this ornament (from Starbucks) for a  few years now, and I usually have it on my tree, but I had it up on our entertainment unit Friday, when I put on the tree.

I bought this ornament for someone as a stocking stuffer, but when I saw this year on it (2015), I kept it for myself.


I got some fun this this year. I think we did better than last year..lol And K still has something that she forgot to give us, and Mom told us that she had something to up in our house. Yes, that is a Starbucks gift card :)

Our tree...with the final touches :) I am not a huge fan of LED lights...I think I may try to convince hubby to go back to the regular ones next year....if we can even find some.

So...that's all I have :) I am still listening to Christmas music and watching Christmas movies/specials...anyone else? Oh...and it's been (almost) constantly snowing since Wednesday. Awesome.

No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...