Monday, July 22, 2019

Tie-Dye, Turning Point, Tacos, Tarts, & Time with Family and Friends

Don't you just love the title! I came up with that all by myself. You're welcome! This is about last weekend, but it is my blog, so I can do what I want, right?

I will try to do this in (semi) point form and in order...with pictures. You know, to make it fun n crap!

So, last Thursday, the 11th, I went to my parents' for a few days. Anker didn't want to come, and someone needed to stay behind to water the garden, so it was just me.

1) Tie-Die:
I went and gave in to the Tie-Die Frap craze, and it was gross. I am sorry, but it was! I WAS pretty, though. I gotta say! I got this on my way out of town, and I did KIND OF grow on me..sort of.


2) Turning Point:
I started another Danielle Steel book (yes, I realize that there are other authors out there!), called Turning Point (which, I have not continued from when I finished up), which is pretty good. I spent a lot of the day Friday reading :)

3) Tacos:
For dinner on Friday (?), we had tacos for dinner, and they were delicious!!!


4) Tarts:
Mom made some tarts for church (for an upcoming project), and she wanted us to test taste them. I wasn't sad about it.

5) Time with Family and Friends
I spent some of Friday reorganizing Mom's very old cookbook. It only took me 3 or 4 hours! We had some visits, and we watched a movie (b/c she was tired, we ended up watching it on two nights), and hung out.  I came back into town on Saturday, partly so that I could visit with my cousin and his wife, who were staying at A and Ks. I was hoping that Anker would join me, but wasn't feeling well, so I went right to their house as soon as I came into town. We visited for a couple of hours, and then I went home. Sunday, I went to church, and then to our church BBW (fun fact: I have been going to my current church for nearly two years now!), which was totally fun. Then I went to see what everyone at A and Ks was up to, and they were just headed to the park, and they asked me to go with them. Of course, I did! I don't know why I didn't put on my bathing suit on, but I didn't, but I had fun, anyway. We had pizza on the beach, and then wen to the local (and only!) ice cream parlour just down the street. We watched the kids play, and we adults visited.

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...