Thursday, July 25, 2019

Randoms

My p came two weeks early. I hate being perimenopausal. My system has always been crazy, but now it is just insane! I never know when it is coming. Or, I might miss a month or two.
That said, I cannot find my favourite pads anywhere anymore! I finally messaged them yesterday, and they said to try a few other stores, so I will try and look around for them.
I went to my friends bday BBQ last Thursday, and I had a fun time. Plus, the food was delicious!
I take J to our local library's Tiny Tunes, and darn it if the songs get stuck in my head!
That being said, so now is this summer's Roar VBS' theme song.
I love McD's PlayPlace! I can let the kids play and play on my phone watch them!
My brother and his wife and their kids are coming next month, as my cousin (sister of the cousin who came the other wknd), and my childhood friend! Yay! Cannot wait!
My neighbour and I watched Hotel Mumbai last night. Wow! It is a very moving, sad, and powerful film! There are a lot of swears and of course, violence, but if you can handle that, watch it! The acting was incredible! Spoiler Alert/Warning: People die :(
I have been deleting friends off of my FB account. I am finding that I don't know 3/4's of my friends (I have a lot of former TS-playing friends, and I don't play that game anymore), and most of them I never interact with, so I am cutting them loose.
I am getting obsessed with what I share on IG and in blogging. Help! I also want to get some more traffic, likes and followers on my Blog and IG. How does one do that?
It is our 12 year anniversary on Saturday! We are going to my parents for sure next weekend to stay in the B&B, and we might even go this weekend. Other than that, we don't know what else to do. We are cheap!
I bought a watermelon from the store the other day, b/c it was $5. It tasted awful (I should actually take it back). My SIL bought the same one, and it tastes a bit better. Maybe I should have let it sit for a day? I never know how to pick a good watermelon.
I love our library's summer reading program! It is ages 0-adult!! For the adults, you fill in a square for every 15 minutes that you read either the newspaper, magazine, book, or an article on the net, and when it's filled, you hand in to get your name in a draw for stuff!! I am almost done mine! They even have a Read to Me Program for the little ones! There is still a month left for those who want to join!
Can you believe that I haven't gone swimming yet this summer? It's not all my fault, as my parents' pool had bird poop in it (I just found out that their pool is all cleaned up! Yay!). I did get to the beach once with my brother and our cousin, but I didn't end up putting on my swimming suit.
Anker has been busy preserving our fruits and veggies from our garden. Peas, beans, and strawberries! Yum!
Has anyone else been watching W Network's Christmas in July this month? I have watched a few Christmas movies :)
Last night The Washboard Union came and sang at our city's Music in the Park, but by the time I found out about it, I had already made plans with my neighbour to watch that movie, and we would have been too late by the time Anker and I came back from getting our tv, anyway. I have to remember that once a year, our local country station hosts a night that they (along with MITP), called Midsummer Night Jam, and they always bring in a famous singer or band come to sing. Last year was George Canyon, or someone. Another year, it was Dallas Smith.
Anker and I went to KFC for a late lunch, and it was DELICIOUS! Anker had Taco Bell, and he enjoyed his meal, too. We always being out on the town together. Also, we are cheap dates :)
Is there anyone else who could care less about Amazon Prime Day, or any special online shopping day? I haven't online shopped in years. It is just too much time and hassle. I like to touch and feel what I am buying. What if I don't like it, or it doesn't fit?
I think that is all the randoms for now! I keep thinking of/remembering some in my head to write down, and then I forget!

And of course, I remembered some more :)
Can you believe that I have not read through a full book this summer? I know!
A friend of mine is having a sort of a pool party on Saturday, and I might go.
Our church is having a board game party on Friday. I might go to that, too.
We might go to my parents' place this weekend.
Or, I might go and hang out at my friends and dog-sit her dog :) I have a lot of options!
I spent some time reading magazines in the park the other night. It was a beautiful evening!
I have actually done a bit of cleaning this summer! Even a mini purge! Go, me!
Does anyone else think that that movie THE PURGE is about cleaning? Hahaha!
I also cleaned our fridge. Like, really cleaned it!

There are four movies that I want to buy: Leap Year, Julie and Julia (I had it, but I gave it away), Cinderella (Lily Collins), and Beauty and the Beast. Five dollar bins at Walmart-Mart, here I come!
I need to redo ALL of our passwords in a different book. They are a mess, y'all!
I stepped on gum the other day. GUM! And I brought into the car, on both of my pedals. Thankfully, Anker was a dear, and cleaned it up for me. My other sandal is still in the freezer. and its future is still being debated :)
There is the 2nd Annual Busker's Festival is happening this weekend. I might even go to that, too.
I caved and bought some magazines last week. That will probably be the last time I buy them for awhile.





1 comment:

Robyn said...

Why is one of your sandals in the freezer? I found a visual guide some time ago about how to pick a good watermelon. It’s helped me, but the last one I got was horrible too.

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...