Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Birthday Weekend

Well, it has been over a month since I had my birthday, but I am going to write about it anyway :)

To be honest, I am not 100% sure of EVERYTHING that I did during the weekend, but I will try to remember!

The Friday of my bday wknd, I had a few gifts given to me at school. One of the students' moms gave me a GC to/for Starbucks. My teacher bought me a Starbucks drink, and Anker had made strawberry muffins the day before (I think!). Friday itself was a great day, if I can remember. Not sure what I did on Friday evening. Judging from my IG and Twitter feeds, it looks like I watched TV and threw up some pics :) Fun and wild times at our house!

Saturday: According to my blog, I hammered out a few blog posts! I actually started one of them on Thursday, at Starbucks, of course! My parents were in town, so they stopped by to drop off my gift (on Thursday), which was a Lavender Pillow. It was fun to see and have a short chat with them. So, back to Saturday, my brother called to ask us for waffles, and shocker of shockers, Anker came along! We had a wonderful waffle brunch (it was sort of a bday/anniversary celebration), and hen Anker and Krystle went to the Farmer's Market, and I looked after J, while Adam and H helped a friend move. I literally sat on the couch, while he napped. Then, Anker and I ran a few errands together (I think!). We went to our local dollar store, where I decided to pick out my presents (yes, we are weird like that), and I don't know, but I think we might have grabbed a coffee, or an ice cream, or something. I got a personal cooler (which looked a little like something else..lol), and a cold drink cup, complete with an infuser. I dropped him off (I think?), and I went to Starbucks (according to IG), and blogged :) I probably went to the library, but I am not sure. Saturday evening, my friends put on a bday party for me. We have a new rule (which I didn't create...lol) of no longer doing gifts, but I still got cards. We had a lovely meal (which I didn't take a picture of) of steak, corn on the cob, and baked potatoes, and I think some salads. My friend made cake, which was a combination of devil's food cake and angel food. It was...interesting! We had a wonderful visit, and then I came hone and went to bed at who knows what time.

Sunday: For my actual birthday, I slept in (probably), and I had a relaxing morning at home. I was debating about seeing a movie, but there wasn't any out that I really wanted to see, so I decided to go to the mall, to see what I could find :) I got my Birthday Gift from Sephora, and I went to Saje to look around the store, as they have just opened, and I wanted to go and see what all the fuss is about. I actually bought a few things there, which were kind of cool. I got a Yam Scrub (which I LOVE!), and their Lavender Love bar soap (I have enough bars of soap to last until the Rapture...I do NOT need anymore bar soap!) that supposedly helps with cleaning your face, and I LOVE the smell! I also managed to get a free (albeit very small) sample of one of their essential oils for me to use and to review. Sadly, I cannot remember what it is at the moment. Oops! My gramma had given me some $, which I WAS going to use "responsibly", but I decided to do something fun for myself. Even though we spend (too much) money for eating out, coffee, the odd magazine, etc, I very rarely buy something of tangible substance just for me. I went to Quilts, Etc, as we are in the market for new duvet (ours in 12 years old). I ended up buying some dish towels, and was about to leave when I saw a PINK duvet cover! It was only $25 (or less) from $40, and I HAD to buy it! Anker was ok with the pink colour (I had called to ask him before I bought), and we really like it. I do have a few pictures of my gifts, but I won't post them all here. You can find them on my IG or FB pages. I went to Starbucks to get my free drink. I decided to have the Dragon Fruit Frap (or the Pink/Purple Drink), and it was really good! I read magazines, and relaxed. I think I went for a drive down near our house and I called people who had called me on/for my birthday! Of course, the day was fun, with FB messages, texts and calls from friends and family.

Monday: I got a coffee and a bday gift from my teacher, and a few little things from friends, and after work, my friend and I went for coffee, where she not only treated me to coffee, but gave me ANOTHER card towards Starbucks!

It was a really fun weekend, and I enjoyed having some quiet and some busy times, which made for a great time!

                        My aunt gave me this lipstick from Merle Norman, and I love it!!!
Here are some that I screenshot "grid style" on my phone. I have discovered this new way of doing it, as it doesn't take too long to post individual pictures. I either post them on IG or FB (I either do them from my IG or FB pics). You can still head on over to either my IG or FB page to take a look and for more detailed info.


                     My teacher gave me a sample bag of Locctaine (Sephora), and I love it!!!!

No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...