Wednesday, July 10, 2019

43 Things About Me/12 Things About US (Plus a few more!)

So, I have 8 or so blog drafts to post, but I am going to start with the easiest one :)

First off, Happy (Official!) Summer, Everyone! I love summer! I love the time off (though, two months is too long for this girl, and our bank account isn't happy!). I love the weather, I love the lazy, hazy days of summer. I haven't done a lot of "summer things" (ie: swimming) yet, but I will most likely get to them soon....or not :) I have already had a few nice days of doing nothing, which have been lovely!

So, it was my birthday last month (yes, I am months behind in blogging some of parts of my life!), and I had wanted to do a post on 43 Things About Me (you know, like in Us Weekly!). I did a similar post here a few years ago, and I am pretty sure that I have done another one just like this, but I cannot find it anywhere, and I am going to try to find it, because #aintnobodygottimeforthat!



Here Goes:

1) I grew up on a sheep ranch (where my parents still live). For a number of years, we were the largest sheep ranch in/of Western Canada. Our ranch is considered a working/heritage ranch. They even have papers to prove it. They also have a B&B on said ranch. You can find them both here. I am not a vegetarian, but I do believe in sustainable and ethical animal raising :) I try to eat my family's own lamb and beef as much as possible! I also try to only get farm-fresh eggs :)
2) I am the oldest of 7 (full) siblings. There is 21 years between the youngest and myself..
3) My favourite job is the one I have now (EA in a school).
4) If you want to torture me, feed me split pea soup. That stuff is nasty (sorry, Mom!)!
5) If am correct, I think I have moved 20 times in my entire life, and I have had just as many jobs.
6)  I am a PK, and a home-educated kid, and I loved it (most of the time!)
7) I went to Europe for two months when I was 20, and I loved it! I spent my 20t0th bday in Venice!
8) I spent most of my childhood in bare feet, playing outside by the creek and making forts for hours.
9) I really have no clue on how I got my driver's license, as I have NO depth perception! I can't parallel park to save my life!
10) Talking about a size of something (like a house) means nothing to me, until I see it. This includes seeing something during renovations or a new build. The rooms always look so small to me when they are under construction. I don't get the full idea of them until I see them when they are done.
11) Doing things (climbing down things, or jumping over/stepping over) are hard b/c of my said no depth perception.
12) I love to people/car/parking lot watch.
13) I wanted to be a ballerina growing up. I have not yet been to a ballet.
14) I went on a 100 year old roller coaster about 10 years ago, and I STILL am traumatized by it!
15) My dream weekend (alone or with Anker)/holiday would be spending in a hotel with books, magazines, and TV. Or maybe to and Island..I don't care...:)
16) Probably my post EPIC birthday was my brother's wedding. It was in Toronto, and such fun. There was cake and presents...sadly, they weren't for me!
17) My first "Friend" on FB was either one of my childhood friend, one of my brothers, or one of my cousins. Funnily enough, I actually resisted joining FB for awhile.
18) I went back to school (for the third time!) to get my Educational Assistant Diploma. My husband has always been supportive in what I do (leisure or career), and I will be forever grateful to him for that!
19) I share my middle name with a castle.
20) I spent the first 22 months of my life in the hospital, and 9 years ago, I got sick, and I went back to the same hospital (but different wing).
21) I would much rather have a relaxing holiday, then a busy/adventurous one.
22) I don't have a favourite season. I love them all for what they bring.
23) I consider pie (with delicious crust, and great filling) to be probably my most fave dessert.
24) I love a ton of fruits and veggies, but I could care less for them in certain flavours and their juice.
25) I wanted to also be a teacher, a flight attendant and a nurse.
26) But my #1 thing was to be a mom.
27)  If I had kept all of my IG posts, I would probably have nearly 7,000 (ok, maybe 5 or 6)! I tend to get obsessive about it sometimes. I have (and continue to) deleted a few older and less "liked" pics.
28) I remember MSN Messenger. Yes, I am that old. Yes, I used it. No, there is no shame!
29) Driving around big cities scare me. I DID drive around Calgary last yr (twice!) and we survived!
30) My favourite food is probably lamb chops, with followed closely with/by seafood.
31) I hate the dentist. Like, for real. I usually have to have a sedative. This dates back to when I was 6, and I had my first cavity, and the dentist wasn't very nice. The needle going in your gums is quite traumatic, let me tell you.
32) I also wanted to be a figure skater.
33) I also wanted to join the army (and maybe be an army nurse). Apparently, I was an overachiever.
34) I joined Twitter in 2009, Instagram in 2013, and Pinterest in 2012 (I think?).
35) My fave verse is Jeremiah 29:11 (followed with a close second is Matthew 6:25-34).
36) I can't draw worth a darn. Or print (including on a board). Or cut on a straight line. Nor can I do math. Apparently, I am in the wrong occupation! But I love it!
37) I am trying my hardest to share the my Bible Apps VOD every day this year on IG/FB. I might miss a day or two, but I always share it!. Chk out the hashtag #dailybibleverseeverydayforayear.
38) We have been with and without cell phones during our time together (and of course, us individually before-hand). When I got sick 9 years ago, we didn't have one. I have no idea on how we survived that! Thankfully, my mom (and several others) had phones, so that helped.
39) I've been blogging for as many yrs as I have been married (I started on FB notes, and it morphed from there). I also have have a blog FB page. You and ck it out here. It "needs" more "likes"!
40) I have played probably about 20 or so games (Farmville/Fluff Friends) on FB in the last 12 years, but I don't play any right now (I haven't in over a year). It feels so freeing!
41) I used to have a My Space page, where I am pretty sure that I blogged a bit on there, as well.
42) I follow over 200 blogs, have over 1400 friends on FB, have a million pins on Pinterest, and I follow nearly 7500 accounts on IG. I have over 14K Tweets, and I follow over 3,000 accounts. I think the top of my blog page has my IG link (you can Google or ask me for the Twitter, FB, and PT links). And yes, I am on Social Media WAY more than Anker is!
43) I will probably never get a Snap Chat or Linkedin account. I just don't see the point.
44) (B/C I am in my 44th year) Even though I grew up on a ranch (don't call it a farm!), I am deathly afraid of horses (two accidents will do that to you), chickens (especially roosters), dogs (unless I know them really well!), cows (b/c they are so big!), but not sheep! I can't climb a fence to save my life, and I hate gardening (nor do I bake pies, or preserve fruits and veggies very well)! I am so not a country gal much anymore! But, it continues to be my best happy place (and no, a farm is not really relaxing like people say!).

..and a few more..just because :) I think I have done this about our wedding/marriage before, but here goes :

12 Things About Us

1) We met online on a dating site.
2) We talked online/dated for 5 months before getting engaged, then, we were engaged for approx. 6 months (from the time he put the ring on my finger)
3 Our wedding photos were taken on a film camera. I am kind of disappointed in them, as the photographer wouldn't touch them up, nor did we get any really fun shots.
4) Our Anniversary is July 27, 2007. Our wedding day was 40C or something!
5) I got married "late" in life at 31.
6) Our rings are from Walmart, and they are just as beautiful as if we had spent thousands of dollars on them! My wedding dress was the first (or second) that I tried on. Yes, it was off the rack. Our colour scheme was blue.
7) Since I joined FB a few weeks before getting married, very little was shared to/on FB during my wedding day (about the wedding).
8) Our wedding was very memorable, but done on the cheap (not in a bad way!). I don't understand people who spend 10's of thousands of dollars on their wedding!
9) We have lived in two places together, and one city.
10) We have had 4 cars, and 8 cats (though not all at once!).
11) The furthest we have travelled together is to Victoria, BC.
12) We went camping to Cultus Lake, BC on our honeymoon. We also spent a night at his sister's (they were away), and we watched the Symphony of Lights.
13) (Just because) We have survived road trips, infertility, several health issues, tons of trials; highs and lows; mountains and valleys, but there is no one I would rather "do life" with than him (mostly. b/c we are the only people who can stand each other!)!

Can I just say that I don't know on how moms with young kids blog? It took me AGES to blog ONE (semi) simple blog post yesterday/today! Also, this has morphed into "100 Things About Me/Us", b/c I have combined quite a few "things" per number (I think I am getting obsessive about this!).



Here are a few more randoms...
I would rather have internet than TV at our house.
I still listen to CDs, and I still watch things on DVDs.
I believe that birthdays should be national holidays :)
Gifts (giving and receiving) are my Love Languages.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

I loved and really enjoyed this one. I like learning more facts and details about you. 😊

The A Team said...

Thanks :) I figured you would like it!!!

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...