Thursday, July 18, 2019

The Last Day of School, and Canada Day Weekend

Well, I do realize that we are well into July, but I am still going to write about the end of school and Canada Day, anyway.

The last day of school finally came! Actually, due to unforeseen circumstances, I actually missed the last day and half of school (I did go in 12-4 on Tuesday). I was really sad about it, but it couldn't be helped. I did go in on Thursday to gather any end of the year gifts, and say goodbye to people (I actually cleaned up my stuff on Tuesday). The last week of June was busy, as we were dealing with some family health issues, and I was helping and supporting my aunt. Thursday night, my other aunt and I had sushi together and then we wandered around Chapters to look for some gifts. I was able to go to our Farewell Brunch on Friday, and say goodbye to everyone properly, and I sort of helped in getting stuff ready to move to another classroom.

That weekend, I house/cat/garden sat for my friend, which was fun. I enjoyed being on my own, and I loved sitting outside and enjoying the cool air. I read a lot of magazines, and I watched some movies. I finally watched Crazy Rich Asians, which I really liked. The day before Canada Day, my friend, Alicia and I met at Starbucks (ok, so I was there early, and I might have gulped my drink before she came in!), and went to a park for a short walk. We had a nice visit, and it was great to catch up. She was my closest friend when I worked at my last job, and we connect either through texting or coffee/tea time fairly often.
                     I got the Seriously Strawberry (or similar to) Frap, and it was SO GOOD!

On Canada Day, Anker and I decided to try to do some bird watching in the same park where I walked the day before.  which really didn't amount to anything, but we had fun, anyway. We had stopped off to grab a Wendy's meal before going to said park. We wandered around the park for an hour or two, and it was nice. On our way home, we grabbed a Tim Horton's iced cap to share.
                           It was warmer than it looks :) We had a nice walk and talk, though.

Afterwards, I met my friends for coffee, and then I think I went back to my friend's house. I think I relaxed for the rest of the day. Funny story: I was sitting outside waiting for the fireworks to start, but when they didn't, I went back inside. I decided to have a bath, and as I was having a bath, I heard banging! I thought someone was in the house (or maybe family had let themselves in)! I realized after coming down (clearly, I had to put on my PJs before going down to see what was going on!) that it was the fireworks! Yah, I am that awesome!

The first week of July had me (us) relaxing and doing a few errands. I got our oil changed, had coffee with friends, babysat the boys, went on a mini shopping and pampering spree....and of course, reading! While I was getting our oil changed, I thought I would stop at DQ to grab something to eat. I ended up getting their Canada Day Blizzard (even though it was after Canada Day), and it was pretty good!!!


So, in reality, our Canada Day wasn't too eventful, and I wasn't sad about it! It was nice relaxing and not having a lot to do (or a lot of places to go) that day. We thought about going to the Park, but there is always so many people there, and it really isn't that fun. Most everything is the same year after year. It was hot and muggy, anyway. It was nice just to relax and not be rushing around to be somewhere or being around a million people.

Well, this has taken a few days to finish, so I will finish this one off now, so it can be published. It has been nice the last few days, as it has been cooler, and this morning (July 18), and yesterday, which we needed. I am ready for some nice hot weather, so I can go for a swim at the beach :)

Here are some more random pictures :) Yes, I am getting obsessive again! The Friday before the last day of school (we went a couple of days longer this year), we had a class party, and I took a bunch of food, and we ate and watched a movie. Also, I went to an Epicure the week prior, and my order came in at the end of the day on Friday :)


We had the Big Burger sauce with our burgers that nights and it was SO GOOD!!!!

For our Farewell Brunch, I brought along some Donut Stix (similar to Churros), to the party. Everyone thought I was weird, but, I didn't care, and they were good!

And my Aunt and I went for Sushi the last week of June (see above), and it was SO GOOD!!!

The end of the year gifts I got from parents and my teacher :)

My teacher gave me this bag, and I have to admit, I wasn't sure that I would use it, but I use as my overnight bag :)

                                        The end of the year student gifts. They know me well.

 One of the kids gave me this lantern :)


One of the students gave me a David's Tea summer tea set, and it is really good. I tried it with some San Palligrenino, and it took it to a whole other level.


And finally .......


Tim Horton's had a Canada Day donut....it was ok, but VERY sweet! If you want to see more of my pictures, head on over to my IG page.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Very nice! I have the movie Crazy Rich Asians on our dvr, but haven’t watched it yet.

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...