Thursday, July 25, 2019

TVs, Baseball, Dogs, Movies, and Tea (But Not Necessarily in Order)

Happy Thursday, Friends! I hope your week is going swimmingly!! Or, you can just keep swimming!!! You got this!

Last weekend was, well, eventful, but uneventful at the same time. I know, weird.

Friday, I slept in and relaxed in the morning. I love my slow and lazy mornings :) Then I went to the library, and to Wall-Mart to grab a few things. I visited my friend, Gracie for a few hours. We watched The Breakfast Club, and let me tell you, that was 2 hrs I will never see again! Ha! I left at around 730, and quickly went home for a few minutes to grab a bite to eat, and then I went to have tea and visit with a friend. I came home at 11 or or so.

Saturday, I slept in again super late. I took my friend up, and we grabbed some snacks, and went to her sister's to watch a movie.We watched Identity Thief, which was ok, but it had a lot swearing. I went back home and watched a movie,  and then I sat outside for an hour reading. I probably came back inside and watched TV/movies. I am watching "The Story Behind" series, and I really like it. I have watched ones about ER, Friends, Full House, and Everybody Loves Raymond, so I might have watched one or two eps of those.

Sunday, I went to church, and then I went to Starbucks to journal, and to write a (long, overdue) birthday card for/to my gramma. I also ended up talking to my aunt for an hour or so, which was fun. Our town got a new Starbucks (as if we need another, but I am not sad about it) downtown (our town now has two downtown), and I sat outside, which was lovely. Every couple of weeks or so, our church has a "pick up game" of Softball. It was BEAUTIFUL outside, so I thought I would go and watch. I caught the last hour of the "game", and it was nice to connect with different people in our church. It was at the game, that Anker called and said that our large TV died. He wanted to get a new one, and I said not until his payday. It was not a life or death situation, especially, sine we have another smaller tv that he could use, and I am not home a lot of the time right now, anyway. I went home, grabbed my stuff, and went to my friend's house, where I dog-sat for the night. I sat on her deck, and blogged, and just sat and enjoyed the sights and sounds of the park near by. A local church (where a lot of my friends go) was having their Block Party there, so I was able "be" there, just by listening. Also, between their outside lights and their palm leaf plants, it felt like I was in Hawaii, so that was cool. I also talked to Vienna for an hour or so. I went to sleep at around 12 or 1 am :) I had ice cream and fresh raspberries for dessert. #nationalicecreamday, indeed!
I have been really had at journaling this year. I have been working on this journal for about 2 years!



The next morning, I had breakfast alfresco and read for a bit. I was also starting to get an ear infection, but I have a running RX on drops, so I was able to start on a treatment for that. My ear was really sore (including all around my ear, and jaw and neck, so I knew that it was an infection, and not just a sore ear) on Monday and Tuesday, but it THANKFULLY, getting better now! I took Anker to his eye appt, and we grabbed a late lunch together.


No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...