Friday, July 19, 2019

Five on Friday

Happy Thursday! Wow...has it ever been BUSY! Part of it that I WANT to be busy, and part of it is that it just IS! And that's ok! I have been housesitting, babysitting, meeting friends for coffee....the list goes on! It never ends! I was going to go to the ranch this wknd, but I think I will just be home (and be busy here!), and, well, hang out! Ok....it now Friday :)

1) Family/Beach/Ice Cream/Park Time
This last Sunday (after our church picnic/BBQ), I went and met up with my brother and our cousin and their families at a local beach/park. I don't know why I didn't put on my bathing suit, as I even had it with me, but I didn't, but I still had a great time, anyway.  We had Fresh Slice Pizza on the beach, and it was delicious! Afterwards, we went to Scoopz for ice cream. We walked to the park, and we sat and visited and watched the kids play.





2) Pedicure
A few years ago, my SIL had promised me that we would do a pedicure together. We never never ended up going, due to our schedules, and it was forgotten. I don't normally do this, but I gently reminded (asked?) her that she had promised me a pedicure, mainly b/c I "needed" one! She was ever so gracious, and gave me a GC to/for a local nail salon in town. She would have gone with me, but she had just recently gotten her pedicure done, so I went alone. Pink With Envy is a place that I would HIGHLY recommend! I would go back in a heartbeat. I ended up getting a Signature Pedi which included callus removal, cuticle clean up/shaping, massage, and polish. It was an hour to the minute, and they were awesome! The chairs were super comfortable they were also massaging ones!



3) Coffee date with my friend/New Starbucks
On Tuesday, my friend and I went to/for coffee at a new Starbucks in town. Yes, our small city of under 100K, has opened up yet another Starbucks! Yet, there still isn't one in our area of town...I know..weird. Anyway, we love the new store downtown, and I had the Honey Lavender Latte, and it was really good. 



4) Dayte with Anker
On Wednesday, I had my annual breathing test, and Anker ended up coming with me. Were planning on running some errands, and going for coffee, but we ended up going to Frenchies Poutinerie, and it was SO GOOD!!! We have gone twice now, and it has been delicious both times. It is a bit expensive, but you get HUGE portions, and the fries are delish! We ran a few errands afterwards, and came home.


5) Time with Nephews
I am looking after my two nephews two mornings (plus a bit more sometimes) this summer, and it has really been fun. I love spending time with them. We went to the library and to McDs one day. Yesterday, we spent some of the morning inside, and then went out and played baseball. It also helps to have a nice patio set to relax on!
                                                             I love me a PlayPlace!


6) Popcorners
I think I have found my new addiction. It is a good thing that I don't have a Costco membership, or I would be going there ALL.THE.TIME and grabbing these babies!! Yum!


7) Rain
It has been raining a bit, and I am not sad about it. It is better than smoke and fires!!!

8) Cleaning our Fridge
Yes, I do clean up our around our house sometimes! On Tuesday, I cleaned out our fridge...complete with taking out the shelves and bins. It looks good, y'all!


9) Garden Food
We have been getting lots of veggies already from our garden! Currently, we have beans and peas!
Can you say "yum"??!!!

10) Books
I am trying to read more books again (other than just magazines), and I hoping to start on a book by Max Lucado, and I have a couple of Danielle Steel books on the go.



11) Variety
My/our summer has been filled with a variety of things....being busy, babysitting, visiting friends, relaxing. Love it!!!

Linking up with Della Devoted for High Five for Friday, and Andrea @ Momfessionals for Friday Favo(ur)ites!



(Note: This has taken me over 2 hours to put together, btwn links and photos!)

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Looks like a great weekend and fun and busy week. :)

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...