Friday, July 26, 2019

Five on Friday

I am getting a head start on this, b/c I am forever procrastinating on doing these posts. Plus, I have at least 5 things from this week that are just awesome!

1) Ear Drops:
Yes, I am old and I get ear infections, so I have a running RX of Ear Drops. I had started getting one in my left ear (mainly to my using ear buds at night while watching/listening to shows on my laptop), and it was really sore on Monday and Tuesday. It wasn't a dull, aching feeling, but more of a soreness around my ear, my jaw and neck. I started on the drops, and some pain meds (I have no DR right now, and I wasn't able to get to a WalkIn Clinic this week), so I was able to (hopefully) catch it in time. My ear hasn't been as sore the last couple of days..so yay!

2) Time with My Nephews
I am LOVING time with H and J. They are hilarious, and H declared me a great Aunty as I was leaving yesterday, so I call that a win! I love that they live so close to stores, and that we are able to walk.

3) Rain/No Smoke
Thankful for some more rain the last couple of days. I love it! And, no smoke!

4) Our Yard and Garden/Books
I spent some time in our yard for the first time in ages earlier this week (Saturday, I think?), and I started a new book called "Anxious for Nothing", by Max Lucado. I have only read a few pages, and I haven't read much this week, but I love it so far. I love me some Max Lucado! I love our yard (most of the time!). Our garden is doing really well, no thanks to me! I also found out that we have sunflowers growing again this summer! Have I mentioned that I LOVE sunflowers?




5) BC Fruit
I finally found some BC Cherries in the store earlier this week (half off!) and some BC Blueberries also, half off!) I looked high and low all around Kamloops, but I only have American-grown fruits (I did buy some WA-cherries, and they were delicious!). Took me half the summer, but whatever! They are so good!! I am munching on the last few of the cherries as I type.


5.1) New Stuff
I bought two new shirts at Mark's this week, and I got two movies for Anker. The shirts and movies were super cheap. I like buying new shirts from places other than Wal-Mart sometimes. We also caved and got a new TV. It was under $200, and I get mine back! #firstworldproblems





1 comment:

Robyn said...

Very nice 😊

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...