Tuesday, August 29, 2017

A Tale of Two Weekends

K, well, when I originally had made this (blank) post, it was going to be for LAST weekend, but I never "filled it out", so I am going to do an update on this last wknd instead. I am not going to post many pictures, as they are on my IG feed...ok, well, it is now August 27/28, so I will now post about TWO weekends.....!!

Well, I had hoped that I would have blogged today (Aug 28) as well as journaled, but I never got around to it. I slept in, and I had a bit of an off day. Then I ran errands...then I went out for the evening. So, I will try VERY quickly to post about the last couple of weekends.

Last Wknd:

My cousin and her family were out at the ranch from Alberta, as well as my Uncle, Auntie, and their grandkids (my cousins kids), so I wanted to spend some time with them (actually, I didn't know that my aunt and uncle were going to be there until I was making plans go to). I was originally going to drive out on Thursday, but then I fond out that Mom was in town, and that I would have a ride back on Sunday, so I jumped at the chance to go out with her. We left around 5, and got home and hung out. It was actually quite the chilly wknd, b/c 1) it is always 5-10 degrees cooler up there, 2) my dad thinks our house is Alaska, as he loves it FREEZING!, and 3) it was a cooler weekend to begin with. I am serious.I don't think I warm all wknd! I nearly asked Dad to get a fire going on Sunday! ha! Ok. Where was I? Oh yes....Thursday night....my uncle came by for a bit (they were staying at the B&B along the back country road), and we visited. I think I had some dinner. Then a guest came wanting a place to stay (they also run a B&B on our property) the night, so Mom said that she could stay in the house. We visited with her for awhile, then we all went to bed. I am always more tired when I am there...it is weird.

Friday: I slept in, had breakfast, and chatted with Mom, and then did dishes, and then spent the day going from my parents' house to my aunt's house where my cousin and her family were. **it is now August 29** Char and I had talked about taking her kids to the beach, but it was a bit chilly, and the kids weren't overly enthusiastic about going (she has five kids 15 and under). We had good visits throughout the day, which was nice. V was in town doing her CPR course, and our friend (another V) come into town to bring her home (Mom had brought V in the day before). The ranch was busy...people coming and going...Aunty V had to go up the mountain as there had been some sheep kills (they have been really bad this year)..and other going to Clearwater, and Kamloops. I think nearly everyone went to either Kamloops or Clearwater that day! C came down in the afternoon, and we ended up cleaning up the kitchen, and we had iced tea and a chat in the dinning room. Mom, C, and me. It was fun. C left, and I think I helped make supper, and if I can remember correctly, we had pork chops with rice, and veggies, I think. We were just sitting down to supper, when V, I and H (who was coming out for the weekend) came back. We all had a lovely supper together. After dinner, I went back over to say goodbye to Char, and I stayed for over an hour. We listened to music on John's phone....fun times!! Everyone was in bed when I got back, and I think I watched a movie..called ONE DAY...which is pretty good.

Saturday: Mom and I went to the Farmers' Market, where V was selling her pies. I ended spending the rest of the morning there, which was pretty fun. We both kind of looked after the kids (the cousins) while we sold most of her pies. We came home, and then Mom and I spent time outside with the two younger kids, while H and K went and explored. I read a magazines, and helped Mom each the girls, and then I ended up going into the pool, but it was quite cold. I was SO cold, that I had to have a bath. I finished helping everyone get ready for the BBQ! We had burgers, corn on the cob, salads, chips, and then pie for dessert. It got cold as soon as the sun went down, so we went inside and visited for an hour or so. We played with fidget spinners, and rubbed necks, shoulders and feet (cause that's how we roll!). Everyone left around 10 or so. I went to bed around 11 or so.

Sunday: Went to church, then came home and hung out. Adam came to hang out for the afternoon, and we all visited for a couple of hours, and then I packed up my stuff. He and my aunty took the kids to our beach, while Mom and I made peach pie. Vienna started on making watermelon pie. It worked!  We had popcorn when everyone came back from the beach, and spent more time visiting. Adam and I left around 8, I think.

Pics from the family hang out weekend:




The Clearwater Farmers' Market
                                         
                                                 Vienna selling her pies!!





 Me hanging out poolside.


Burgers and peach pie!!

I can't remember if this was the watermelon/apple pie, or the crabapple pie that she had made.



So..this last wknd:

Friday: I went to the school for around 11, to see what was going on... I had actually gone in the day before to help out with a project, so I had already said hi to some people. I helped "my" teacher that I worked with last year organize the games and puzzles in our classroom, then she and I went for coffee. I think I went to the library for a bit, then I grabbed Subs for supper. I went to Adam and Krystle's and we watched the first part of a really dumb movie, then NF died, so we ended up watching another movie called San Andreas, which is very good. I got home around midnight.

Saturday: I slept in and then I baked 5 dozen muffins with my friend and her sister. I found an AWESOME muffin recipe on Pinterest, and I will definitely make them again. After that, I flew home, and grabbed munchies for my friends birthday party. I stayed there until 9:30, and had a lovely time chatting with friends. The evening was beautiful, and the stars were out...we sat outside for the evening, and it wasn't too hot, nor too cold! I ran one errand and on the way home, then came home around 10. I played on FB until 1 am. Yes, I am trying to get to sleep earlier, but it's not working. #nightowlproblems. These were the muffins that we made. They were delish! Zucchini Carrot Muffins will be definitely made again in our house!

Sunday: A couple of weeks back, I was kind of complaining that I hadn't done a TON of stuff over the summer. We ended up making a plan to do a day road trip somewhere. I almost bowed out, due to money (I have none), but she said that she would cover the gas (I was planning on chipping in), and buy me lunch/supper if needed. We took a lunch, but we didn't really need it. We ended up going to Sorrento, an hour or so drive away, where her parents have a modular home that they live in in the summer. At first, her kids were going to come, but the ended up staying home. We spent a 4 hours or so at her parents', and we spent a couple of hours in their boat, which was totally fun!! I even got out and swam (with my life jacket, but whatever)! We got back to her parents' and we had more snacks, and she served us up soup. We then went to a local fish place for supper. We went to Bayside Marina and Grill, and we shared halibut bites and fries! It was SO GOOD! We sat for an hour and visited, watched people and took in the view. It was amazing!!! After our dinner, we grabbed ice cream at a gas station. Yes, a gas station. They have VERY good ice cream, and large portions. We made a couple of stops on the way home, and then after we got to her house, and we chatted with the kids for a bit, it was time for me to come home. I came home and hung out for a bit..I had a shower, and talked with Anker. I think I went to bed around 1. Awesome, right? Anyway...It was an amazing weekend, and I loved every minute of it!!!

Here are some pics...
I didn't bring my phone along, b/c I didn't want to lost it in the water.
 Me in the boat. And yes, I wear my lifejacket (though only when we are moving and when I am in the water), b/c I don't want to die.
We gals in front of a sandcastle.

 Our halibut bites, with an amazing side of a wonderful view!!

 We checked out this old store...it was kind of creepy.




2 comments:

Peter Marion said...

You good visits throughout the day, which was nice. V was in town doing her CPR course, and our friend (another V) come into town to bring her home (Mom had brought V in the day before). The ranch was busy. Can you help me as well on where to find the nearest First Aid Training here in Australia?

firstaidcourseonline said...

I like the valuable info you provide in your articles. I’ll bookmark your weblog and check again here regularly. I’m quite certain I will learn a lot of new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next! Please visit my web site firstaidcourseonline.com.au. Best courses sippy downs service provider.

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...