Monday, August 14, 2017

A Day in the Life (Summer Edition)

It's Friday, August 11th, and I have seen a few people do a few Day in the Life posts for summer, and I thought I would join in. You know, with my life being so busy and exciting and all :) I will do it on Monday, I think :) I don't have anything planned....so, it should/could be interesting (boring)!

Well, it is now Monday at nearly 1 pm, and I realized only a half hour ago, that I was going to d a Day in the Life post..and I only took one picture...ha! Oh well...here we go!

9:00: Alarm goes off. I press snooze, and go back to sleep. Anker wakes up and (I think) makes coffee!

10:00: Am up for the day (please don't judge me; I am summer holidays, and I have no other extra jobs or places that I have to be today). I think I play on my phone for a bit.

10:30: I decide to try to make eggs in my new Tupperware Breakfast Maker. They turn out really well (I ended up eating them cold, but that was my fault, due to finding something on TV first).




10:30-12:30: Play on my laptop and watch tv (my usual daily grind). Facebook, Blogger, the bank, the library's website, and email. I play my train game. I know..exciting stuff. I call my aunt for a few minutes, text a couple of friends, and I also call Tupperware about an order that has not shown up yet. Get frustrated with them. I watch a few cooking shows, and then I end my tv watching morning marathon with a thing about JFK that was on PBS awhile back, that I found rather boring.

12:30: Do dishes; figure what is for supper; look through and clean out the freezer. I SHOULD do a good thorough cleaning of that sometime before I got back to school. I did our fridge awhile back. That felt very good!! Meanwhile, Anker plays his games on the computer, and he starts on his model airplane project. We chat a bit about various trivial things. Meanwhile, I remember that I was going to do a DITL post. Start thinking of what I have done since I got up.

12:45: Start on this post.

1:00: Get dressed (again, no judging!).

1:15-3:15: I stop in at Starbucks to grab a drink, and read some magazines. I also peruse my apps: IG, and Pinterest for supper ideas), and though I don't find anything for my pork, I find a good-looking Parmesan Potatoe recipe. I pick up some decaf Pike Place Roast Coffee on the way out.






3:15: I quickly run into Shoppers's Drug Mart.

3:30-4:30: I hang out at the library for an hour, where I read some more magazines. #summergoals


4:45-5:15: I stop in at Save On to grab a few things.
I got exciting things, like milk, dill weed for pickling, and cranberry juice!

5:30-6:15: Anker has started dinner by putting in the pork that I was defrosting in the oven with some BBQ sauce. I start on on getting the veggies ready; one beet from our garden, beans from our garden, one cob of corn (not from our garden), and I start in on the potatoes.
The beet (fresh) and beans (frozen) are form our garden.



I found a recipe (in my pins) for potatoes (I get tired of baked, boiled, and mashed potatoes. I grew up (and have made) rosemary/garlic potatoes, but when I saw this recipe that I had pinned (I have a habit of pinning things, and then never looking at them again), I wanted to try it. I liked it, Anker did not. To be fair, I think I used old spices, which altered the taste (yes, I tend to keep spices and other food for MUCH longer than I should!). Anyway, I will make them again, just with fresher spices. These Parmesan Potatoes really are very good. They are SUPER easy to make...even a 9 or 10 yr old can make them!!

6:15-6:30: In order to make my day more interesting, I decide to clean out the backseat of our car, and I start a load of laundry.

 Our dirty back seat. To be fair, this is mostly all my mess.
 You didn't think I was going to show you my dirty laundry, did you? We have a laundry room in our complex.

6:30: I finish the prep for supper, and I play on my laptop, and I watch Dr. Phil (one of the MANY shows...not that I watch them all...that I PVR!).


6:45-7:15: I serve up supper to Anker and I. He has started watching something on TV, so I take my supper into our bedroom, and eat dinner, while I watch a cooking show. I may or may not have had dessert after.

 According to our PVR clock, it was 7:15 when I ate/finished dinner and dessert.

7:20: I switch the laundry over, and I put away the dinner leftovers.

7:30: I call my Aunty June, to see on how she is doing.

7:30-8:30: I watch a couple of episodes of a cooking show, and play on my Laptop.

8:15-8:30: I continue on with this blog post.

8:40: I bring the laundry in, and have a short visit with our next door neighbours.

8:50-9:15: Have a shower.

9:15-9:45: I make our bed with clean sheets, with "help" from Calico. I watch "Beat Bobby Flay".  I call my dad and wish him a happy birthday!! I also chat with my sister for a few minutes. I update my day on my blog post throughout the evening. Throughout the day, I text my mom, cousin, and another aunt. I also chat with Anker during the day. He spends a lot of the day doing his model airplanes, getting the dill mix ready for pickled beets and pickles, plays his games, and gets dinner started for me.
Calico "helping" me make the bed. She takes this chore VERY seriously!!!


 The final result.
9:45-10:30: Finish blog post/start new blog posts for tomorrow, play on FB, watch TV, and power down for the night. I have to be up early in the morning (6 am!). Anker and kitty coming into bed, and we finish watching Judge Judy together, and talk a bit, and play with kitty.

11:15: I am STILL up...:) I ended up doing some blog posts, and doing some devotions really quick. I ended up playing my train game, going to the library's website, and deleting some pics.

My verses for each day (above), and one of my MANY devotion plans that I am doing (I have a lot!)
11:15: Get ready for bed; put water in my sleep machine, get my night guard, throw in a movie. Tonight it is Kate and Leopold.

11:30-Get into bed; lights out!!

....and that's all she wrote, folks!!

I just realized that I didn't take a selfie today! Oh well!!








No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...