Friday, December 19, 2014

Tired and Overwhelmed (but NOT in the way you may think!)

As I typed the title, I nearly deleted it. I mean, do I really want to write all of my thoughts out and air them in blog-land? I actually (as much as you may think I may do) don't air/write everything out. I get a lot of blog posts in my head that don't make it out to the blogosphere. I usually let them roam around in my head for a day or so, and if they are still there when I decide to blog, then I (might) wright them down. If not, or if I decide that they are a bit too..oh I don't know..personal, and not helpful, or blog-worthy, then I don't write about them. I also may decide to write them b/c part of why I blog is to show people that life ISN'T perfect. I don't have perfect style, we are not finanicially well off (or even "OK"), our house is far from magazine-worthy, and I am not thin and not all that pretty. Oh, and we don't have kids.

At any rate...these are just some of my thoughts for this day...

I am tired and overwhelmed. Last night, I was in bed by 10:15, and for those of you who know me, I am a night-owl. I could probably stay up until 1 or 2 every night if I could. I was SO tired all day long. It was weird, actually. I even slept in, too. I am not getting a whole lot of things done, either. I did, however manage to send a small package to Anker's sister and her family, as well as a little card to my brother and his family. Yesterday, all I really managed to do was run a few errands (that may or may not have included a stop at McD's for pop and a magazine read, and then to Starbucks for a coffee and another magazine read), and helped hubby a bit with his gingerbread village, and sort of cleaned up the kitchen, and watched tv all last night. Oh, and I did do some Christmas cards.

I am overwhelmed, b/c well, I have too many magazines to read (mainly from the library), and too many tv shows and movies to watch. Like seriously. I have a problem (both in admitting it, and even getting to that point in the first place). I get a few too many magazines from the library (again, I have a magazine problem), and movies (though I am now only getting 2-3 at a time), and a TON of shows and movies that I have PVR'd. My regular weekly shows, and then the odd movie, and now I have a of ton of Christmas movies/specials that I have to watch. I did mange to watch a few shows last night, but I still have 40000000000 hours left :). I am also overwhelmed with other stuff; money, gifts (thankfully, we aren't doing gifts this year...only stocking stuffers), work, is our car going to make it?...trying to eat healthy, our house..keeping up with family, telling them what they want (or need) to hear.you know...stuff like that.

And now, there's Christmas stuff. With social media, there is always pressure to have the best tree, best decorated house, best and most elaborate baking, the best presents, how many Christmas cards they received and sent, the best looking card/picture, the best letter that they think they should write, not to mention outside display of lights! And honestly, it's exhausting. I don't even think I can BEGIN to keep up, let alone compete with everyone else. Actually, I am not even trying. We have our tree up, and I have baked a few things, and I am sending a few cards, but no letter or picture. We aren't doing presents this year. I am not even baking and doing cards for our neighbours this year like I have done in the last few years.

So, to sum up, we are having a simple Christmas this year. I have too many magazines to read, too many movies/tv to watch, my house isn't perfect, and well, that's pretty much all I have to say!

No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...