Friday, May 26, 2017

Victoria Day Long Wknd

Yes, it is nearly Friday, and I am blogging about last wknd..oooh well :)

It was a long wknd last wknd here in Canada, which is Victoria Day Long Weekend. Generally, the weather has been really crappy (from what other ppl have said, and from what I can remember), but last wknd was HOT!!! It was a four day wknd, as it was a PD Day at our school (the district had theirs last Monday), and we EA's didn't have to go...which kind of is a bummer, money-wise, but great, time-wise!

Friday, I slept in, and then I spent most of the morning outside in our yard, reading magazines. I had breakfast and coffee outside, too :) At around 1, I hung out in our room, and then I went to the library, then Starbucks to grab a cold drink, and then went to my friend/co-worker's/boss' house to look after her kids for the evening. Her kids are really sweet, and I think they liked me, which is good! I came home and then hung out for awhile (I think I watched TV), and then went to bed.



Saturday, I woke up at 8 (on my own..weird!), and we had plans on going to the Famers' Market, but Anker wasn't feeling well, so we didn't go. I grabbed breakfast, and we ate together and watched Big Bang, and then I went outside for a bit to read some more. I ended up going to meet my coffee friends for coffee, but I was a bit grumpy, and tired, and didn't really enjoy it. I went to Walmart, and I got a few things. As I was leaving, I saw my friend who works in the Vision Centre, so I visited for a bit, then I left. I went to the library, and I was going to text Anker about something, when I couldn't find my phone. I realized that I had probably left it at Wal-mart. I had a mild panic attack, praying that it was there, and not left in the parking lot somewhere, and thankfully it was where I had left it. I went back up, spent more money, ran more errands, and then came home for a couple of hours. Anker had some supper, but I didn't eat, as I was going out later to meet another co-worker/friend/boss and her husband, family and friends for her husband's birthday. I was really tired, but I had said that I would go, so I went. It was a nice time, but as I was coming home, I started feeling really sore and sick, so I just went right to bed.

Sunday, I woke up with a mild (real) panic attack. As for the reason,  I am not totally sure. I think it was just too many people, and knowing that I had planned on spending parts of the rest of the weekend with more people kind of freaked me out. I ended up staying home and relaxing, then I went  and met up with a friend at a local park. We sat and visited for 4 hours. I grabbed supper, and hung out for the rest of the night.  Anker and I watched STORKS, which was pretty cute, and then I watched THE INTERN, which I had watched before, and I liked it then, and I liked it now. I watched an episode of Dateline that I had recorded it awhile back, which was about the Life and Death of Princess Diana. I went to bed around 11 or 12.

Monday,  slept in, and hung out in the morning. I think I ran out for a bit, and then came back and hung out for a bit, then I went to my friend's place, where we had a lovely potluck. We ended the evening with words of encouragement, and prayer. I came home around 10, and then went to bed around 11.

That was my wknd! I loved having 4 full days off, but I was ready to get back to work on Tuesday.


No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...