Monday, June 12, 2017

Friday Favourites (on Monday!)!!

Happy Monday, Friends! I hope you are had a great wknd, and that your week is off to a great start. We are still slugging away at school in Canada, so no summer holidays yet! I do need to do another Life Lately Post, cause I have such an interesting and exciting life! Ha! I haven't even journaled in three weeks. I just haven't really felt like writing, I guess. I am too busy reading magazines, working and watching tv.

Here are my favourites from the last week (please note that most of these things happened after Friday....oooh, well):

1) Connecting with Friends:

I have been super bad about going to church lately, but I will say that I went on the 28th, and it was really nice. We have a potluck once a month after church, and since it was potluck Sunday, I ended up going. It was nice to connect with others again. On the 2nd of June, I went to a BBQ with my girls group (that originated from our church), and it was really fun. I even hit up another after party of a co-worker's bridal shower dinner. Well, "after-party" may be a bit of a stretch...it was more like coffee in a coffee shop! I wished that I could have gone to the dinner, but I already had plans before this one came up. It was fun to hang out with them for some of the night, though. Saturday, the 3rd, my friend from work and I went out for a drive, a Starbucks, and a walk. We had lots of giggles and fun, as always.

2) New BBQ:

Not sure if I posted this or not, but Anker bought a new charcoal BBQ a few weeks ago. We have used a few times already, and we love it. We are currently trying to BBQ a pizza. I read about it, and I thought it would be fun to give it a go...so far, it's not great...it's taking forever to BBQ/heat up.

3) New Sandals:

I have 4 pairs of sandals/flip flops, and NONE of them seem to work for me. My feet get SUPER sore, and/or they leave weird stains on the bottoms of my feet. I actually got a GC to Winner's for my birthday (more on that in another post), and I was planning on using that, but my Sister-in-law Cady, and I ended up going shopping on Sunday, and I found a pair for $30, I hate spending that much sandals..anyway...they actually are fairly comfortable!!! I will post pics on IG in the next day or so.

4) Steeped Tea Scones:

I bought some more tea and I also wanted to try their scone mix, so I bought that too. I got it on Friday, and I took the mix to my parents (more on that), and I made them on Saturday. Oh my...can I just say, that they are delightful? Even my mom, who makes her own scones, said they were pretty good. The ones I got were the blueberry white chocolate chip..and I want to try more out. I am not sure who ate the last of them...the last I heard they were at the top of the fridge, never more to be seen! Pics of that are on my IG, too.

5) Birthday Shenanigans:

It was my birthday on Friday, and I had a lovely day! I got cards and presents from my co-workers, which was amazing. I even got a couple of more cards today at work. I went out for supper on Friday, with my Mom, Dad, Anker and H (more on that later), at White Spot, and it was really good. Afterwards, we all drove back to the ranch. Anker and I have a lovely weekend, although it was very cold. It rained nearly all day on Saturday. We were all a bit bored, but it was great to get away.


No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...