Thursday, July 2, 2020

Randoms

I hate my computer today. It doesn't like me. It is giving me ALL KINDS of problems! The screen is having an anxiety attack :)

So...here are some randoms...

5 years ago, we went to Victoria, and I never blogged about it. We both had a wonderful time, and I really want to move there...for realz. We spent a few days there; I went to the mall, and to the Christian book store (that may have been more than once), and I saw my SIL Amanda and the girls. I think Luke joined A and I for lunch in a square al fresco, then Amanda and I went wandering around.

Christmas 2018, Anker and I went to Victoria. We flew there on Christmas Day, which was a first for both of us. We had a wonderful time. Anker and his sister went off on a field trip and I saw L and his family. We had a wonderful time! We went on a walk on the beach by the Ocean, and I again I started dreaming about moving there! We came home on the 30th (?), to SNOW and ICE! That part was NOT FUN! If you want to see pictures from both trips, you can check on my IG. You will have to go a LOOOONG way back, b/c I post way too much!

I think I posted about Christmas 2019, but I didn't post about NYE. I think we came back on the 27th or 28th, and I ended up house/animal sitting for some friends. The plan was for them to come on the 31st, but the roads were so bad, that the came home the next day. I stayed in alone, drank fun drinks, ate fun foods, and I watched TV. I am not sure what we did after the 1st until I went back to school. I think we just stayed home and relaxed.

The first week of summer holidays were pretty good. I house/dog sat for my friend. I had a great time; ereading on her deck, and hanging with her dog. I went to Starbucks, got some clothes, and I got magazines (I didn't get clothes from Starbucks!). I got a $50 combination GC, and one of the places was to Indigo/Chapters (another great Canadian store!), where I bought some magazines, including a special PEOPLE Royalty book. 

I took the boys out to the ranch for 3 days last Thursday - Saturday. Their kitchen is still be Reno'd, due to a leak two months ago, and K wanted to be around while they were working on it. I had a nice (albeit busy!) time, and Mom and I tag-teamed to look after J. It rained A LOT while were were there! Like, A LOT!!!! We came back into town on Saturday, and I grabbed Anker, and we had a picnic at A and Ks house with them. We had A&W, and they had food from another local place. We had a lovely visit, and Anker seemed to enjoy being out (Yes, I had to twist his rubber arm!).

I have had a couple of movie nights with Emily, which has been fun. I took out my friend, P on a couple of occasions, and we have had some fun times out on the town, and we played a few card games at her house.

Things are starting to open up around here. Some places (like some Starbucks) are open to half capacity, and most places have reopened, if only for take out. McDonald's is open (half), and my friends and I met up for coffee, on Sunday, which was nice. The library is starting their reopening process, and that makes me very happy!

I have started on my resume. I hate doing them, but at least I found my old resume, so I can work from that. I don't have my old one on my computer, because I have had two or three computers since I wrote my last resume. I also now have a MAC, which wouldn't have been able to save anyway.

Speaking of new clothes (see above), I bought two tops from a local store, and I also got two bras, and a shirt that I found out later was actually a PJ top. 

I have been "bad" at two things lately, buying magazines and buying coolers/ciders (what IS the difference btwn the two, anyway??). YUM!!! I like having them with my Sipology/Steeped Tea, and/or sparking water. Yum!


Canada Day was weird. It rained, and with nothing happening (which we probably wouldn't have gone to, anyway), it just felt like an ordinary day. I did dress in red and white, which was fun :) I was also fairly productive, as I got a few things done, so that is good. There weren't even any fireworks, which I thought might have happened, but nothing did. I think if A and Ks house wasn't under construction, I think we probably would have gone over there. She and I love our holidays! Anker and I ran out to get a few Canada-only snacks, and we just hung out. I spent a lot of the day doing what is new the first part of the Canada Day post. We had poutine for supper, and I had a bubble bath. 



I have decided not to apply to/for CERB, so I am a bit stressed about $, but I have a TINY bit of $ put away, so we should be ok. I spent 4 hours on hold with CRA (IRS), wanting to ask a question, and I FINALLY got the answer. Yay! We have been able to have some relief with not paying some things; my Student Loan, and our car insurance. I am pretty sure the car insurance will start up again. We got a bit of extra GST $ in April, and another small (but larger than normal) one coming up.

I tried some nail wraps that my friend gave me. She gave them to me in the spring in a gift (Wine Fairy) basket. I tried, and oh my...it did not turn out well. I was sad b/c I was really excited about trying them, too.

I was reading a lot of books, but lately, I have been reading more magazines. I still have a few books that I am toting, so I hope to get to them soon.

Anker and I might go on a hike this summer. But first, we need to go for walks to build up on our endurance. 

I took the boys to Starbucks and on a walk today. It was nice to get a small walk in :) I love my nephews. They have my heart.

The W Network is having a "Christmas in July" event next week, and you can bet that I will be all over that!!

I thought I had skipped every week this summer for Chef's Plate, but I got a nice email (on my phone!!),  and I checked it in the middle of the night last night, and they said that they were sending us a box. All but one meal looks good.

Our oven died, and we are looking for a new one. Anker said that element went white hot. I was at my friends, so I didn't get to see or hear this phonomenim. At least we have our toaster oven! It uses less heat, anyway.

I know have my main email on my phone, and it kind of feels weird. Until I started my last job, I never had emails on my phone. It opened up a whole new world for me (along with Google Docs!). I can see why people get stressed with having their email on their phones, though. My work email wasn't so bad, but my personal email gets a lot.

I think that is all the random tidbits for now :) The rest, I will try to do an individual blog post, IF and when my computer gets fixed. The funny thing is, I haven't really been feeling the blogging vibe lately, and now that I have, well, I can't, due to computer problems. Grr!


1 comment:

Robyn said...

Very busy. I hope the hike works out. :)

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...