Thursday, July 23, 2020

Just to be Clear....

Regarding my post from the other day; I wanted to clarify a few things. First off, I am not saying that we should have ho-hum dum-drum lives. I think that in whatever circumstance we are in; in whatever stage of life that we are in, we are to "live our best lives", and (if we are Christian), spread the Gospel, live for Jesus, and if we haven't chosen that life; well, we are to be kind, and to look for reasons and opportunities to do good deeds, love, be kind, etc (as Christians, we should most definitely do that!!). 

All that I am trying to say is that we are not all called to foster, adopt (either domestically, or internationally); we're not all called to start an organization, be a missionary, ride around the world for a cause, go on marches and protests, or volunteer for Samartian's Purse, World Vision, or Compassion (you get the idea). We ARE, however, called to SEEK HIS WILL in ALL things; maybe He DOES want us to go to Africa; start up an new organization for social issues, or do "big things"! I am not saying that we have to live our regal 9-5 lives in our office; going to the same routines day in and day out; we need to find little things here and there that we can add beauty, light and grace to. We need to find things that we can do for others. 

We are also called to fight for injustice, the unborn, and speak up for what is right and wrong. We are not called to be lazy, have our head in the sand, and be ignorant or arrogant! We are not called to have "an ordinary life", but to embrace the extraordinary with the every day (does that make sense?? Probably not!). 

What I am trying to say is....we might not be called to go to Africa to be a missionary, but we are called to serve the Lord in whatever we do, and wherever we go!


1 comment:

Robyn said...

Yep! I thought that was pretty clear from your last blog, but always good to clarify.

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...