Thursday, July 9, 2020

Friday Favourites/Randoms

Ummm...I hadn't done an FF in AGES! I had a Covid FF post that I was going to post, but I never did..anyway...I have a few things...probably more than 5...that I am loving right now!

I had NO IDEA that the adaptive screen brightness was a thing until the other day. Y'all, I am LOVING it!!!! And yes, I think it officially makes me a nerd.

I am having my fair share of coolers and ciders lately. I love my Growers Cider, and I also love Okanagan Cider. I am also looking forward to when they put out the Saskatoon Berry flavour! Oh Canada, indeed! Yum!!!! Because it is so sweet, and it doesn't take like alcohol, I have to be careful to only drink it when I know that I won't be driving, and not to have one every day (but ONLY ONE when I do!).

Speaking of nerd, I have had a MAC laptop for a few years, and I only JUST NOW (well, a few days ago) got an Apple ID. I doubt that I will ever use it, but hey...I feel like an adult now!

I took the boys for a few hours on Wednesday. We had a picnic in the park, and we went to a local petting zoo. Even though I am from a ranch, and I grew up around animals, I still kind of enjoy seeing other animals. The boys had a blast!

My laptop was giving grief; we think it was b/c of the track pad. Our Brother-in-Law helped me out the other day. He disabled the track pad while I am using the mouse. Anker had one that he wasn't using, and since we disabled the pad, the problem seems to have gone away. He also helped me adding a program to help with bad Malware, and he also encouraged me to use DuckDuckGo vs Google! We also discovered that I was using a bad search engine.

I got a new screen protector on my phone today! It looks so shiny and new! I love it!

Popeye's ChickenY'all, I might have had it three times in less than 2 weeks. It is SO GOOD!!! 

I am going to house/cat/garden sit for a friend for a few days. Yay for alone time!

I got a GC to/for a few places (it is one of those Combo GCs....they are 6 stores on it), and I bought some mags a special Royal Family book from People. I still have a few more dollars left on it, and I nearly went back there today, but I decided to go again another time.

I have been enjoying sitting outside in my chair and reading. I always have a lawn/camping chair with me, so I sit in it in the sun; by the water, or in the park and read. I love it!

My mom and I went on/for a Girls' Night a few weeks ago. I will pos about that soon! We had a fun time.

We love our new floor :) I will post about that, too! It makes the house so much brighter!

I am sort of liking matcha. My tea lady gave me a few TO GO Matcha sticks, and I have to say, that they aren't that bad!

I bought some tops and some bras from Penningtons few weeks ago. Sadly, one of the bras has ran off, and I am MAD, b/c I really liked it. I hope and prays that it turns up soon. I also bought a top from the local thrift store.

I also have been building my DVD movie collection. I gave all my VHS tapes away (yes, I still had some left!), and now I want to add most of those movies back in DVDs. It may take years. But I hope to get more.

It is "Christmas in July" on W Network. I have seen most of the movies, but it is fun to have them on, when I am just hanging around.

Things have opened up again. I am mostly super pumped. Church is also back, and I am enjoying that. Our library will be opening up soon, but it will only be to pick up your holds, browse and there will be a time limit. Boo, but at least it's something (I am loving the Take Out Service they have!).

I bought some make up from Sephora; both the day after my bday (along with my free bday gift!), and I bought some eye palette's a few days ago. I love them all! The eye shadows are so light and summery! I think they go really well with my complexion.

Succulents are my new favourite plant. I have 3 now, and so far, they are alive!

We are starting to get things from our garden. Anker made 3 jars of jam from our strawberries, and I have eaten a bunch as well; and we have peas on their way. We already have had spinach. I am not sure what else he planted.

I am trying to eat healthier, and walk a bit more. Yah, we will see how long that goes for!

Our oven has been dead for a few weeks, and we are waiting for them to get us another one. I hope it's soon! We have been using our Toaster Oven, stove and microwave.

I forgot to skip a week on Chef's Plate, so we got sent one week. Tonight's was fish tacos. Other than that bad avocado, and cilantro, it was really good! 

I got some retro pay that my work owed me. Yay! We also got our GST $!

I know there was something that I was going to post about on a Friday Fave, but I don't remember what it was. I know that I was going to say something like..."I am probably the last person in the world to..eat/drink/watch this...", but of course, I can't remember what it was/is now!

I am trying to get my mom into loose leaf tea. Poor muffin. She is still doing bagged tea. My friend and I have been trying to expand her tea-izons....:) I am having an online tea party this Monday, and I am "making" my mom attend. Ha! I love Sipology, and I might have bought my mom some tea for her to try. 

I have had coffee with a few friends this week, which has been nice :) I love that we are relaxing things a bit more, but on the other hand, I think we need to be careful not to be too relaxed. However, I am so over everything!! 

I got to chat with my sister today! She lives in Asia, you know :) She is adulting so hard, and like a boss, too!! I am so proud of her!

I bought some sheets  and a duvet cover from Jysks the other week. I love them! The cover was $8, and the sheets were $15. The sheets are so soft...I think they call it "brush style".

I tried some nail wraps a few weeks ago. They didn't go well. I am sad.

There is a new sushi place opening up in our area of town soon! I cannot believe how many sushi places this town has! My friend and I are going to go and try it as soon as possible!

We tried the new Tasty Fully Cooked Burgers from M&M Food Market, and they are really good! They do have a different texture, but they still taste good! Their fish sticks are also really good!

It is so weird to not have the normal festivals and gatherings that normally happen around here. At least the Farmers' Market is still happening!! At first, I didn't think it was wise for them to continue with it this year, but now I am kind of glad they are. I might go down and take a look on Saturday.

I need to get my eyes checked. I hate that I have to pay for it. I know, I am spoiled here in Canada.

I still don't have a primary care physician, so I might have to go to my parents' doctor 2 hours away. We have both been on the wait list for a year. Fun times. 

Anker and I went on a walk the other night. We also had a picnic with A and K in their living room a few weeks ago :) I will sometimes sit outside and read while Anker tends the garden :) Man, do I sound like an old lady or what?









1 comment:

Robyn said...

Glad your laptop is working again and you’re enjoying the flavor of Popeye’s Chicken. ;) I was going to comment on something else, but I forgot.

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...