Thursday, July 2, 2020

More Reasons Why I Love Canada

Well, I was OBSESSING about this post all day yesterday, wondering if I should put more in/on this post about I love my country so much. I decided that I would post a part 2 :) 

We have some of the Best produce in the world/
Canada is #1 in growing low bush blueberries.
Indigo/Chapters
Penningtons
Boston Pizza
London Drugs
Shopper's Drug Mart
Michael Buble
Amazing Race Canada
Calgary Stampede, PNE, Winter Carnival, etc.
We have a deep and rich history (however, see also #s 115-119 for some not so cool history).
Rogers, Purdy's and Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory!
Serena Ryder
The Canadian Tenors
The Piano Guys
We have some of the best ciders/coolers in the world.
I also thought that A/C was invented by Canadian, but I see different facts debating this.
Heartland
We really should have just bought AK.
We say "grade" before the the year (eg: "grade 2").
Haida Gwaii
Crashing Coasts
Prairies
Chinooks
The Pacemaker (and again, you're welcome!).
We know how to win at sports (Hello, Hockey!!?), but will sometimes let other people/teams win.
Because we are nice like that.
Hudson's Bay (or, commonly called "The Bay").
Toronto Film Festival
Niagra Falls
The Badlands
We have one of the hottest fashion meccas in the world (ok, I might be making that one up!)!
Kraft Dinner; apparently KD is a Canadian Term.
We also eat 55% more KD/Mac N Cheese than Americans
We have the most donut shops per capita in the world.
We refer to ourselves as "Canucks".
We say "eh' a lot, and also.."oh yah, sure", "Yah, no", and "No, yeah".
We have strict(er) gun rules.
We have the strongest current
Loonies and Toonies
Dill Pickle Chips
We have our own Moonshine called Screech.
Caramilk Bar 
Mars Bar
Canada Dry GingerAle
Jos Louis
Crush Cream Soda 
We like to name our towns and monuments strange names.
Bagged Milk
Avril Lavigne
Nickleback
The Hoodos.
We have a town whose name comes from Star Trek.
Superman
The legal drinking age is 19, except in AB, MB, and QU, where it is 18.
Canadian Living, Chatelaine, MacLeans, and Hello Canada Magazine
Anna Olson, Lynne Crawford, Michael Smith, Mary Berg
Various cooking/baking shows
We are home to some amazing Hallmark actors/tresses!!!!
RAF/Canadian Forces
Canadian Tire
Schitt's Creek

Obviously, I could post 37M MORE reasons why I love my country, so please don't email or comment, saying "why did you include this, but not this?"


A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...