Sunday, July 19, 2020

Girls' Night Out

Happy Sunday Funday!!! I have about 11 posts that I may or may not end up writing about and publishing,  but I know I wanted to write about my mom's and my Girls' Night Out that happened on the last day of school!

Mom was going to give a bday dinner the wknd before my bday, but when I got sick, they didn't want me to come out; therefore, putting off my bday dinner. Mom said that I could have her and Dad take Anker and I out for dinner, or she and I could have a girls' night; complete with a hotel stay :) I naturally, decided that we would do GNO! 

We planned on the night on the last day of school (which was a Friday), as that was worked best for her. After my CEA End of the Year Party (you can read about that here), I went straight up to where we were staying (I packed when I got home, so I could leave right after said party). Mom and I called around town, and we ended up staying at the Fairfield Marriott, as it had the best deal, and it had a breakfast in the morning! Sadly, all of the pools in BC were closed at the time (I think most of them have reopened now), due to COVID, but I don't know if we would have gone in, as we were so tired when we got back from dinner. 

Mom did my hair, and my makeup, and then we went to Red Robin, after being a disappointed that we couldn't get in to the restaurant that I wanted to go to. I actually kind of like having restaurants at half-capacity; it is quieter, and it is less busy! We started off with the tower of onion rings, and deep fried shrimp, which were both really good!!! I got the salmon burger with fries, and my mom had a Caesar salad with salmon. A very interesting thing happened with Mom's salmon. You can read about that as she talked about it on her blog. We ended off sharing dessert, called Chocolate Fruffles (yes, that is the real name of the dessert!), which was delicious!!!

Mom and I came back to our hotel. We were SO tired by the time we got back. We visited for a bit, and then we watched the last bit of Dateline, and fell asleep. 

We woke up at around 8 or so the next morning, and we quickly got ready for breakfast. It was really good!!!! Tiny waffles, yogurt, strawberries, sausage patties, and cereal! After breakfast, we packed up and left at around 10 or so. 

Sadly, I was in a REALLY weird place on Saturday; I was tired, and anxious, and just all around in a weird mood. I felt better after some shopping therapy, but I was still really tired.

All in all, it was a great evening, night and morning with Mom, and MUCH needed!!!! We even were able to pick up the food that we had left from the night before, as they hadn't cleaned our room yet!







1 comment:

Robyn said...

I’m glad you had a special night out! :)

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...