Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Favourites From 2019

Again, getting inspiration from Suzanne regarding doing a favourites post :)

Honestly, there are SO many favourite things from last year, and it is really hard to narrow it down to a few (or even remember them!), but here are a few highlights:

Fave Moment /Memory of 2019: Spending time with my mom's side of the family in March, after celebrating my Grandpa's life. Celebrating our anniversary at my parents' place this summer (we also "missed out" on some crazy shenanigans from our now moved out neighbour!). Also topping my list, was when I had breakfast with Mom at a God-forsaken hour this summer! You can read about that here.


Fave School/Work Memory: Our staff retreat at Sun Peaks, getting another tour of the local First Nations Museum with our class, and there was another one that I had thought of earlier, but now I can't remember!

Fave Book: I hadn't read a ton of books this year (I know...shame on me!), but I did manage to read a few: I read "Before You Say Amen', by Max Lucado, and I also read "In His Father's Footsteps" and "Turning Point", both by Danielle Steel. I also started "The Librarian of Auchwitz" , by Antonio Iturbe, and "Anxious for Nothing" (Max Lucado), but I haven't finished either of them.
,
Fave Movie: Unplanned, Hallmark movies, The Lion King, Aladdin. I am sure there are more, but I can't think of them right now.

Fave TV Show: For new shows, it is Carol's Second Act, and Bob Hearts Abishola, and for reoccurring shows, it is New Amsterdam, and the Good Doctor.

Fave Magazine: People (duh!). I also love Good Housekeeping, and Canadian Living.

Fave Blogger: MomfessionalsTalk Nerdy to MeThe Sheepish Midwife (when she blogs!! It is my sister's blog, so I guess that should be on my list, hey?), among many others.

Fave IG Account: SuzanneBethany, among many, many others.

Fave Gift (Bday, Anniversary, Christmas, or End of the Year): My teacher gave me a really cool bag that I use as an overnight bag. I love me a Starbucks GC, and I have gotten a few of those.

Fave Bible Plan: I read a couple of infertility plans with You Version, which I really enjoyed.

Fave Bible Verse: Jeremiah 29:11

Fave (most used) App: IG and FB...and probably the Weather Network, and I guess I should say the YV Bible App!

Fave All Round Product: I love Beauty Counter's mascara and body wash. I was given a L'Occitane beauty gift pack, and I really love that!


Fave Clothing/Footwear Item: I love me some leggings! I got a few shirts from Walmart this fall, and I am really loving them. Capri Pants! I have 4 pairs of sandals that I love! They are no-name brand, so I don't think I can link them, but I love them. For real!

Fave Significant Thing: This would be something that you did, or didn't do that made you think that you are growing and maturing (in any area of life). Well, I tried to do some goal setting this year....at least it was a step in the right direction, right? :) I also took steps in helping to take control of my mental health and anxiety. I also tried my hardest to read/share my Daily Bible Verse on IG/FB, but I was getting frustrated by it, b/c they would have two verses (one text, and one image), so I stopped the middle of this month (well, last month now, since it is now Jan 1!). I also tried (but failed), and reading one Bible devotion a day.

Fave Purchase: Lots! I like to buy things! Probably any movie, magazine, CD, or coffee!





No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...