Friday, August 16, 2019

Five on Friday

Happy Friday, Friends!!! Yes, I am still alive!!! Greetings from the beautiful interior of BC :) I am writing today from my parents' place :) Anker and I are here for a few days.

Early Morning Breakfast with Mom
A few week ago, Mom and I had an early morning breakfast together by the river, and it was so fun!!!

Time with Church Family
In the middle of July, we had a church picnic at one of the members' house. We had a great time of food, fun, and fellowship. Did I mention that the food was delicious!!??? The next Sunday, I went and watched their softball pick up game that they do sometimes.

Beach (x2)/Family Time
The same day as the church picnic, I went to my brother's to see what was up (our cousin and his family where there, and I had visited them the day before), and they were headed to the beach. I invited myself, and off to the beach we went. We had pizza, some of swam (I ended up not swimming this time), and we talked and read. It was wonderful to spend time with extended family. The next day, I went to the beach alone, and I swam, read, and got burnt. It was the best day!

Day Trip
My other cousin (the sister to the cousin who was here the week prior) was at the ranch for a few days, and Anker also wanted to do a few projects, so went to the ranch. I stayed the day, and Anker stayed for a few days. C and I had a lovely visit, and I left around 5 to got back to Kamloops for my SIL's Bday party :)

Time Alone
While Anker was away at the ranch, I had a few wonderful days alone :) Y'all, it was glorious!! I got to watch movies on the BIG TV, and Calico and I had a couple of girls' nights. Also, I may or may not have picked all of the carrots in our garden. Hey, at least I was productive! The first Sunday in August, I looked after my friend's dog. I stayed there for the night, and I had a wonderful time!

Wow, that first part (post) was from 2 weeks ago!!! I am going to leave them there, and also talk about the five from this last week. I wrote out the 5 headers a few weeks ago, and the description today :)

These are not necessarily in either chronological nor in order of "favourites":

Garden/BC Fruit/berries Produce
Although we don't have a big garden, we are loving the wonderful produce that we have been getting! I also have been buying BC Cherries, Peaches, and Blueberries. A couple of my friends have also had their own peaches. So good!

Family Time
One of my brothers and his family are visiting my parents for a few days, and we are here spending time with them. We met new baby E, and we are enjoying hanging out with family. Anker is in his glory fixing whatever needs to be fixed at the ranch. We also celebrated my dad's birthday this last Wednesday.

New Stuff (t-shirts and movies)
I bought two shirts from Mark's a few weeks ago, and I love them! It is nice to buy new and not from Walmart once in awhile. Feeling kind of bad that Anker hadn't bought anything for himself, I picked up a few movies for him.



Fun Events (Rib Fest)
My neighbour and I went to our city's 8th Annual Ribfest last weekend. We got ribs (way too much $ but delicious!), and we wandered around. Our local transit was free all wknd to ride, which was amazing!

Movies with my neighbour
My neighbour and I have been spending time hanging out and watching movies (and going to the above-mentioned Ribfest). It has been fun getting to know her, and to have someone so close to watch movies with!

PC Hot chocolate
We are loving the President's Choice Chocolate Milk Mix. It is SOOOOO good!!! We love it b/c we can use it either hot or cold. Yum!

Savings
I am SO THANKFUL that I have saved a bit from when I was working. I don't have a lot saved up, but at least we have something to pay bills, etc. :)

Spending time with the Boys/Evening Swim
I am loving spending time with my nephews this summer. They are a riot, and the job is pretty easy. We have gone for walks, baked a zucchini/carrot loaf, and had lots of fun talking and laughing together. A couple of weeks ago, K and I went for an evening swim with the boys :) I hope we go again before school starts up.

Visit with my Childhood Friend
A week or so ago, while Anker and were away at the ranch for 48 hours (I will blog about that soon), my childhood friend C was also here visiting her family. We ended up visiting and swimming for 2 hours, which was so fun!

Variety of Activities this Summer
I am loving the variety of activities that I have had this summer. I went to an outside play, went to a lake with our church family, tried out the new downtown Starbucks a few times, read, watched movies, house sat for my friend, S for a few days (twice!), visiting with family, swimming, going out for coffee with friends....looking after the boys, coffee, magazines, books..a walk with a friend, 48 hour anniversary getaway with Anker, Music in the Park, 24 hours with my friend, a solo trip to the ranch, pedicure, cleaning (fridge, bathroom, etc), daytes (including one that included Poutine!) with Anker, dinners with friends and family.....the list goes on!!...I am super thankful!!!






1 comment:

Robyn said...

Looks like a fun and busy summer! :)

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...