Friday, August 30, 2019

Five on Friday: The End of/What I did on my Summer Vacation Edition

Happy Friday, Friends! I am trusting that you are having a wonderful FINAL week(end) of summer!!! I am looking forward to school starting, but I am sad, b/c the days are no longer my own. But, as my dad says.."most people do not have 2 months off"...so, basically, I have to get over it :) Ha!!!

Here are a few things from the last few weeks:

1) First off, I am SO HAPPY that I had a bit of $ saved up for the summer! I am hoping and praying that I can do it again this year...maybe I can put even more $ away!

2) I loved babysitting the boys! We had such a fun time, and though we didn't do anything, crazy, we did make some memories!

3) I got to meet my little niece earlier this month, which was a definite highlight of the summer. I will try to blog about that soon.

4) I got a few days alone in the house, which was awesome! I got to watch movies on the big tv, and Calico and I had a couple of girls' nights.

5) I am pretty much already for school! We have a new classroom this year, so that is kind of fun. It is bigger, with its own bathroom, and small kitchen (it used to the staff room).
                         I went out and bought a few supplies for my desk. Love the dollar store!!
Yes, I keep makeup, lotion, wipes, and hand sanitizer at work :)


6) We had our first ever day retreat up at Sun Peaks. It was so fun!! I always love going up there. It was great to see all of my friends again (yes, I am just like a kid....I get to see my friends!), and we had a yummy lunch! Oh, and we learned some stuff, too! I didn't take any pictures, which is kind of sad.

7) We had an all staff BBQ at one of the teacher's houses on Wednesday, and again, it was fun to see my friends. Two of the families (including my boss) just had a baby, so I was able to see them :) They are so adorable!

8) I loved housesitting this summer as well. I am actually doing it again this wknd. Yay!!! Last wknd, I house sat for some friends, and I watched a bunch of movies, and I didn't even feel guilty about it.

9) What is a summer holiday without SOME sort of sickness??? I got not one, but TWO ear infections! I know, I am a poor muffin. The last one was while I was house sitting last wknd, and I didn't want to drive to the doctor, as they were really sore, so I asked my teacher friend to drive me. I am pretty much over it, but I am still putting in the drops. The drops that I have didn't seem to work (I know that I am prone to them, so I have a bunch on hand, and I had started using them, but they weren't doing the trick). I also have a bit of a cold, too. I am thankful that I don't feel horrible right now.

10) There was NO SMOKE (ok, very little) this summer, for which we are thankful! There have been a few small fires, but nothing of significance (yes, I realize that any fire isn't good, and we have had a few around here, but we are thankful that there weren't any out of control/large ones!). I am thankful to the firefighters for all that they do!

There are a bunch more things...going to the outdoor play, starting on my goal setting...the hours and hours spent at Starbucks and the library, a 48 hour getaway for Anker and I, and it was hard narrowing it down to 10!

Here are some memes...and yes...this speaks to me...




1 comment:

Robyn said...

I’m glad you had such a good summer. The time did seem to fly by too quickly.

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...