Saturday, December 28, 2019

Top Viewed Blog Posts

Can you believe that it is almost 2020? How can that be?? As I am writing this, I am house/animal sitting for a friend, and the snow is falling outside :) I am not entirely sad about it!

I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas, and that you are able to enjoy family time with lots of food this week! Some people say that Christmas is over, and I call "eggnog", b/c it's not over until Jan 2nd!!! Yes, I am still listening to Christmas carols, and watching Christmas movies.

I will try to get a blog or two written about our Christmas with my family, but for now, I thought I would do something another blogger talked about on IG earlier today, and that is to post my top viewed blog posts of all time! Suzanne is a law enforcement wife and mama, who lives in Ohio, and she is the sweetest thing! She is real, but also has some very fun ideas, IG stories, and pictures. They have 3 kiddos, and she is also a foster mama! When I saw on IG stories that she had just posted about her top viewed blog posts, I thought that it would be fun :)

So, here goes!

First off.....I have been blogging for just over 12 years. The blog has taken a few different turns in the last 10+ years, but I think where it is right now is a happy medium of real, raw, honest, but also fun and hip! I think only have 38 followers, and I have had 97.4K views of all time, which is pretty cool. I used to worry about how many people followed me, and now I don't really care. I just like to see my blog viewed at all. I actually had no idea how to find out what my top 10 were!! My blog template/layout is pretty simple. I have spent 0 money on it, and I have also received 0 money! Though I have done a few reviews :) Someone else said that blogging is dead, but judging by the amount of blogs that I follow (we won't go there), and the amount of posts that I see in my blogging feed every day, I hardly think so!

1)  Goals I want to Crush This Year

This was written in November 2018, and it had 1.28K views!!! I am surprised that this one made the top ten at all, much less the top spot! The funny thing is, this post wasn't a part of a link up, and it garnered/generated that many views on its own! (According to my full page information, this number didn't changed. See below for clarification.)

**I have never really been one to set goals. I mean, realistic ones. Sure, I would love to get skinny and win $1M, but as for realistic goals, I tend not really tend to stick with the work. At the start of the school year (for those who are new to my blog, I am an Education assistant in a school), I had hoped to set (and work towards) some realistic goals. So far, I really haven't done much towards that, but here they are, anyway.**

2)   Five on Friday/ SUYL

This was written Feb 2014, and it has 676 views, which is quite a bit different than over 1,000! I am not going to post a snippet of that posts here, but you can you find it if you click on the link. This was back when another blogger did Show Us Your Life (one of the first blog. hops that I did!). According to the full page info, this came in at 749 views.

3)  SUYL: Tips On Finding Jobs

This was written May 2013, while I was in the throws of looking for work :) I actually was really surprised by the amount of views that it did get (466). (The full information page had this at 557).

**I have LOTS of resumes/cover letters out and about in our city, both in retail and in Community/Angency positions. I hope I hear back from them soon, as I would LOVE (and NEED) to have some more hours and of course, experience in my new chosen field. I LOVE my job that I do have, but I don't have as many hours as I would like, and I need another jobs to supplement it.**

4)  She's Here!

This was written in March of 2017, when my sister, Vienna, came home for about 18 months, before heading off to The Philippines again (where she is now). This had 410 views. 

Now, before I go any further, there seems to be a discrepancy regarding the number of views per post. In one area, it says one (usually a lower number), and when you click on the link (in the "Stats" area), it has a higher number. Sometimes, it is only up a few, but others, it is more than a hundred! I cannot find out how to find the real amount of views (nor do I want to start ALL OVER AGAIN), so I am going to go with the list that I have, and anyone who knows how to find the correct number, please let me know! Ok...carrying on....
So, according to one area, this had 410 views, but once I clicked on the full page information on that post, it was at 454 views.

**We had big plans of all going up to my brother and SIL's house after picking up said sister for a quick bite to eat dinner. Well, life doesn't always turn out the way we hoped, planned and wanted. Her plane got delayed (get this), 3 times! Yo...I didn't know it was even POSSIBLE for planes to get delayed FROM Canada (she was coming from YVR) that many times! Poor thing had been there for 7 hours, and had been travelling for 48 (or something).**

5)  SUYL: Infertility

This was written June 21, 2013, and it came in at 399 (or 563) views. This was another one of a Show Us Your Life posts, and I think the topic must have been in infertility, as that is what I wrote about. Either that, or something that was hard, etc. I tend not to write or dwell on it to much, but whenever I have the chance to write or talk about it, I generally will. 

**This has become a very real and sad reality for Anker and I. And this has a special place in my heart. I haven't really talked too much about our infertile journey, but there are a few posts in which I have highlighted/touched on it. **

6)  Random-ness

This came in at 397 (or 463) views, and was written March 17, 2017. I love me a random post :)

7)  Canada Day Memes and Jokes

This one came in at 338 (or 356) views, and was written June 30, 2018. I am not going to post anything about that here...you can go and check it out for yourself.

8)  Random Post

I wrote this October 2018, and it came in at 294 (on both info pages) views.

9)  Five on Friday/SUYL: Show us Your Apps

I wrote this August 9, 2013, and the viewing numbers are really different for/on this one: 294 on one page, then in another page, it says 432. Weird. I love me a link up post :)

**I am doing a two-in-one post today (plus another post later on today), as I am doing my FOF, and SUYL. 

I am enjoying my day off, with no husband. I left him at the ranch (more on that in the next post), and I am hanging out on my own this wknd. I ran errands this morning, and am now home to nurse my ear infection. Thank goodness for Antibiotics...which will start off with FOF.**


10)  Don't Forget to Play in the Leaves

I wrote this in October of 2018, and the viewing numbers are very similar with this one...292 on one, and 296 on the other page. As much as I love doing "regular day" posts, I do like writing thoughtful and provoking posts as well.

**I played in the leaves! I took a walk in a park across from my brother and sister-in-laws), to mainly take pictures of the trees. I also decided to have some fun, and I sat down, and I played with/in the leaves. Did I feel a foolish? Yes, a bit. Did I care, not one bit! Why? Because I wanted to have some fun, and take a break from "adulting", and to be a kid again.**

There ya have it! My top 10 posts of the last 12 years of blogging! I hope you enjoyed reading as much as I enjoyed writing them!



This photo has nothing to do with my post...I just like adding a picture in, so that it doesn't look weird when I publish and share it. This was from the other day (or week?) while I was at Starbucks (where else? duh!) reading and getting caffeinated.


1 comment:

R's Rue said...

I enjoyed this. Happy 2020. Blessings. Praying.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...