Monday, December 23, 2019

Friday Favourites (CHRISTmas Edition)

I am going to just dive right in!

1) School Life: A couple of weeks ago, we had Secret Santa at work :) I had fun giving and receiving gifts this year! Can I get an Amen for 16 days off???  That being said...I got some pretty "sweet" gifts from the students this year! My teacher also gave me some lovely gifts. I got a shirt (which I love, and I wore it today from Northern Reflections. My top is similar to this, but in sapphire. She also gave me chocolate, and a book :) I am very blessed (and tired!), indeed!




2) Advent: Ok, this should be #1, but hey, I just post them as they come to me! I am thankful that JESUS is the REASON for the SEASON!


3) Family: We found out today that one of my brothers and his wife are having another baby! I ended up calling him (we kids found out through FB...thankfully, the grandparents got told the old-fashioned way.....a phone call!) K (2.5 yrs) told everyone today via a video that her other gramma posted. At first, I thought they found out they were going to have a girl, but that is what K wants :) Ha! They are due in June.

4) Christmas Drinks/Tree: As I said in my last post, I have had more than my fair share of Christmas drinks this season. I think my favourite is the Peppermint HC with Eggnog! Yum!!!! I have made a similar drink at home with store bought eggnog and HC and I add a candy cane to it. I have had one or two holiday coffee visits with friends, and I hope to have a few more next week. As well, I ended up getting a small REAL tree this year (I asked my brother and his wife to see if they could get me one...I didn't think they would, but sure enough, they came home with 3 trees for me!). I took the smallest one, and I put it in our room :)



5) Driving/Dinner/Drinks: I have gone on a few drives with friends on a couple of occasions, and it is has been really fun :) My other friend and I went out for dinner before we drove around to check out the lights. I am thankful that the weather has mostly cooperated with said driving :)

6) Snow (but not too much!): We have some snow, but not a whole ton :) I am thankful :)

7) Concerts: I went to H's concert last Sunday, and it was pretty cute!!! I took another friend to our school's Christmas play (I didn't have to help this year), and it was fun seeing it from the audience's view :)

8) GC: Our church gave us a GC to Walmart :) I am thankful. The end.

9) Housesitting: A friend has asked me to house sit for them next week (well, I guess it's next weekend, actually). I cannot wait. One big TV, and myself.

10) My gramma is coming for NY!!! I am hoping that the roads will be good enough to go back out and see her. (see #7)



No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...