Sunday, December 22, 2019

Hey, It's Ok......

Hey...Yes...remember me? I ha
ven't been into blogging (or even reading many blogs) much lately, but I thought I would try and a few short/quick blog posts to get me back into the groove...:)

So...remember a few years ago, a certain magazine had an "It's Ok....." column, in which it told its readers (mainly female) that it was/n't ok to do (or not) (or think) certain things? Well, I thought I would try that. I was originally going to go the long, wordy route, but I thought I would go the short, point form route...so...here it goes:

Hey, it's Ok....

1)..........to not really be feeling the Christmas spirit this year.

2)....to not want to put up your tree....but you end up getting a Charlie Brown tree instead! And put it in your bedroom! And to do VERY minimal decorating at your house.

3)...to only send cards back to people who sent you cards (mail), and to only send out a few to a select group of friends and family (local). (And to secretly wish you got a few of the local ones back in return!)...and to actually secretly love getting and send out cards!


4).....to end up buying a good portion of your gifts from the dollar store (#noshameinmygame).

5).....to only want to bake one or two batches of cookies....and then end up eating most of them!

                           Brookies (I burnt most of them!), and gingersnaps (we ate most of them!).



6)......to secretly wish you could go back to the First Christmas...where things were simpler, and probably a bit more quiet!

7)....to not want to blog during this holiday, b/c you feel the pressure to do #allthethings, and wish you were THAT blogger who had all of the sponsors, and #freestuff!

8)....to buy those gift packs, and to split it up btwn the guys and gals in your family.

9)......to secretly not feel guilty for eating junk over the holidays.

10)......to wish, that even though most of the time, you are happy that you have no kids, that you had some kids to spoil, visit Santa, buy (or make) matching PJs for, or to make cookies with (I am thankful that I get to spoil my nephews a little!).

11)....to think that kids (and adults) are too spoiled at Christmas.

12).....to think that Christmas is too commercialized.

13)....to be a bit envious of everyone's Christmas posts/pictures on social media.

14)....to want to spend all your time watching Hallmark/cheesy movies for much of your downtime.

15)....to think that Elf on the Shelf is weird and creepy. Why make more work for yourself?

16).....to want at least ONE PJ day over the holidays...and to sleep in...lots!

17)....to hope and pray that it doesn't snow until you get to your destination! White Christmas can wait!

18).....to read a bunch of fluffy novels over the holidays.

19).....or not read at all....not even magazines! Because movies, food, visiting, and winter sports!!

20).....that even though you love your family, you secretly can't wait to get home and to you own place and have a few days of CALM and QUIET!

21)....to be too excited NOT to sleep Christmas Eve, and to be the first one up on Christmas morning!

22)....to secretly be looking forward to getting back into routine (and seeing your friends!) come Jan 2 (or whenever you go back to work/school).

23)...to be THANKFUL that JESUS is the REASON for the SEASON!

24)......to be THAT person who actually loves fruit cake and mincemeat tarts, and yes, figgy pudding!

25).....to look forward to saying and writing 2020! #allthe2020jokes

Merry CHRISTmas 2019!





A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...