Saturday, October 20, 2018

Random Post

Yes, I am still alive! I just haven't felt much like blogging lately. I had 12 or so posts in my blogging drafts hoping that I would magically get to them, but I never did. So, here are a culmination of those posts :)

First off..how can it be October already??? I find that this year is going by super fast (even if my days are somewhat slow!!)!! The weather in Kamloops has been gorgeous! We have had a few mornings of frost, which make is definitely feel like fall. Or, as I have been saying #Faltumn! Ha! Our back window's frost thing is broken, so Anker has ordered something off eBay, but it hasn't come yet. If it doesn't come soon, we won't be happy. We hope that we can fix it with that, otherwise we will have to spend $500 for a whole new back window, and frost-thing! Anyway, our fall has been really nice. I have gotten a few pictures of the fall leaves, unlike last year, when I only took a few. I love me some fall leaves pictures!!!

Here are a few things in point form:

Work: Work has been going well. I really am loving being in grade 2 again this year. The teacher I work with work well together, and we get each other :) We have a lot of laughs, and a lot groans, and generally, have a fun time. I love our school and its community so much!! It is really is an amazing place to work! Everyone cares about everyone, which is so nice!! The school has been really busy this year. We had school spirit week...which was crazy! The kids always go crazy for stuff like that. I had my "school" pictures done. We also had our Terry Fox "run", crazy hair day, and PJ day! That sure was a busy week!

Life/Marriage: Life has been going well. Anker has been in a good mood, which has been nice. He got the last tomatoes from our garden, and has been canning, jamming, freezing, and doing some baking, and of course, he has been knitting :) He went to church with me last week, which was great. He really liked it, and he will probably come again with me soon. I seem to busy; btwn, work, church things (though not a ton, sadly, but I am going to worship and prayer night on Wednesdays), errands, babysitting, visiting friends/family, and going to my friends' places when they are away for the wknd (have done that twice already). I am actually at my brother's place this wknd. A couple of weekends ago, I went to my friends house while they were away, and I watched TV, did my laundry, and then went to the park, and journaled. I am also taking a step back from Tupperware. I don't know if I will ever return to an active consultant. I do love their stuff, but I don't have the enterprenual  drive that it takes. Thanksgiving with my family was really nice. I will try and write about that soon. We have had a couple of dates, too. A few weeks ago, we went to see my brother's new office, and then tried a pizza place, and then went to a  trade show. It was really fun. We also try to have a date day where we run errands and then pick up a coffee or something to eat.We really are simple people. Anker had his bday last Monday. I got him a couple of gifts, and we had Chinese food, and we stayed home. I got him a chocolate cake from the grocery store, and we sat and talked while we ate for an hour. It was nice. I am thankful that it was pay day for me, so I could spoil him a bit.

Health/Finances/Anxiety/Sleep: My health has been pretty good. I was hoping to start going to the gym (ha!), but I haven't yet. I will probably start going again soon. I haven't been walking at all, which makes me sad. Ugh! But, I do a fair amount of walking at school, so at least I am not completely lazy! Money is ok..we have it...then we don't. I have started a summing saving fund, which I put money into every month, so that we can use it during the summer, when I am not working. Things were pretty tight even once I got back to work, but things seem to be ok now. We are catching up on bills. I still suffer from anxiety from time to time. I had tried to lower my AD meds, but I am back up to where I was. Oh well. What can you do? Anker has done quite well in taking his AD meds, and he is a happier person. Yay! He is hoping to get $ for compression gloves that he can wear both indoors and out, to help with the cold. I am on a sleeping pill at night. I don't know on how I feel about it, but I won't take on nights when I don't have to be up the next morning. I was having a real problem with falling asleep this summer, and for most of September. I am also taking Melatonin (though not on nights where I take my med).

All The Free Stuff: My BFF, Jill, and I were talking towards the end of summer about on how certain people (celebs) can get free stuff, and we were wondering on how we could get that, too! Well, a week or so later, she finds me when I am out and about, and tells me that she has a box of products for me to try :) I was hoping to get a blog post about it, but I never did, so this blurb will have to suffice. I did do some Instastories about it, though. I was hoping to repay with her a box of things to try, but I never did. Oh well...maybe around Christmas?
                                                       My box of #allthefreestuff!
I will leave you with a few fun and beautiful fall pics! You can check out my Instagram for more!




 Just a few more things: My friend gave me some DoTerra Oils to try. I have been wavering about getting into them a bit. Mainly for sleep and to stave colds away...I nearly got the starter kit from Young Living, but it was a lot of money to put, and I am still not sold on them. Anyway...I will see on what I think of these. Thank you for my friend for giving me some (and yes, I asked).
A couple of weeks ago, my friend and I went to The Noble Pig for apples and "drinks" (I don't drink, and I don't drink much at all, anyway). Every 2nd Thursday, we meet at coffee houses, or watering holes to eat, drink, and connect! We had a fun time, and I loved their Bavarian Pretzels. And yes, I ate all the fries!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

A lot going on. :) I hope the ebay thing arrives and that it fixes the problem for the window. I'm glad you're work is going so well and that you work with so many great people! That makes a big difference. Great about Anker doing well and the dates when you can. :) I hope you are sleeping better lately. That's great about the free stuff! I have an older lady friend whose husband buys her quality shower products and some things she doesn't care for as much and she'll pass onto me (nearly full bottles) and I've liked everything so far. Every bit helps to make it to the next paycheck.

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...