Sunday, December 2, 2018

What I am Watching and Reading

This is/was one of the posts that have been in my drafts waiting to written and posted. I haven't seemed to want to blog much lately. Anyway...I am alive, and doing well (mostly). Our school had a 4 day wknd this last wknd, and we staff had a 3 days wknd. We have had our first skiff of snow (which has now melted), but it is pretty cold :)

I have seen people do a "What I am watching and / or Reading Post", so I thought that I would post one similar. First off..watching :

I rarely watch shows "live". I 99% of the time watch them on the PVR. I am not going to include Christmas Specials, or award shows...b/c those are pretty much a given..though I haven't actually watched an award show in ages. I think I only watched a few Christmas specials last year. I am not going to include other random shows (reruns like Frasier, or Murder, She Wrote), or shows that I sometimes watch on HGTV, FoodNetwork, W Network, or TLC (though I guess I could), as I watch them on and off (I tend to record something for a few months, then I stop, then I start up again), or DVD movies, or random movies that come on TV :)  I am basically going to talk about shows that come on the major networks. Though I guess I could list ones that I watch on NF :)

1) Hallmark (Christmas) Movies:

Ok, I did say that I wasn't going to list off random movies, but Hallmark movies are not random! I love me a Christmas Hallmark movie!! I get them on W Network (I don't think we have the Hallmark Channel). I have probably 30 movies that I have on our PVR. If I have watched them before, I may or may not watch them. Sometimes, I will watch a good chunk of the movie, before I realized that I have watched it before :) There is something about a HallMark movie..they are clean, fluffy, and light. I was watching some Fall-themed ones before starting on Christmas ones :)




2) The Good Doctor:

I love me some Shawn Murphy! That show is superb in every way. I hope it continues for a long time. I love the story and plot lines. I hope that Shawn and Leah end up together :)


3) The Neighborhood:

This is a funny show that I decided to try when I first saw it preview, and my view is mixed. I think it will take a year or so before they find their groove, but I think it could do really well.


4) Big Bang Theory:

I am sad that it is in its last season, but I am glad that they are choosing not to drag it out for too many seasons. I hope it goes out with, well, a BANG!!


5) New Amsterdam:

I love this show! Yes, it is another hospital show, but for some reason, they seem to do new and interesting things (or maybe it is just the characters that make it different?). Besides, Ryan Eggold is easy to look at, right?


6) Grey's Anatomy:

I will admit, I am only really watching this as I am a dedicated fan. I actually cannot wait until it is over. I think they have done what they can with the characters and plot lines.


7) The Resident:

I actually nearly gave up on this show, but I am back on the wagon :) I will see on how long I last with this show for this year. I can't believe that Theo from the Cosby Show is in it...as well as Jane Leeves (Frasier)!


8)  This is Us:

I nearly gave up on this show as well, as it was driving me crazy, with all the back and forth, and the random memories not making sense. And again, I might give it another year, and see on how it is. If not, it's "bye, bye, Pearson's"!


9) Last Man Standing:

With Netflix getting rid of seasons 5 and 7 from its line up (thanks!), I haven't been as invested in this show as I was...but, I will say that I am liking it. I love that all but one actor came back!! I think I actually like the "new" Mandy better!


10) The Young and the Restless:

I am sort of taking a break from this right now...but I do love watching it once they get Christmas up :) I will probably watch at least once this week. I know that Ashley is leaving, so I kind of want to see that (if I haven't missed it).


Of course, I will sometimes watch cooking shows, Judge Judy, and House Hunting shows. I also used to watch Love it or List it Vancouver, but I kind of got tired of it. I also tried to watch shows on TLC (Sextuplets, the Busby kids, The Little Couple), but I got kind of tired of it, so I am taking a break from that, too.


Now, for what I am reading:

Less and less magazines :) I have given up reading Hello Canada, and InTouch. I still read Redbook, and GH, and People, and Us Weekly. I am of course, reading Christmas magazines. I will try to read a Christmas book or two this year. **oh my...it is now December 2nd!!** I haven't read People or Us Weekly in ages...I am still working on September issues of People....not sure if I will ever get back into reading them. I have been reading Danielle Steel books, and lots of Christmas magazines :) I also hope to try to read a Christmas murder mystery or two. I am not a big murder/mystery reader, but I saw some books by Joanne Fluke that looked interesting, and I have started on a Debbie Macomber book. I hope to also start on Max Lucida's book, Anxious for Nothing.


Since this post has been waiting to be finished and published for forever, I will finish this off, but as of December 2nd, these are what I am watching and reading :)

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Nice! I’ve never watched those shows, besides an occasional Big Bang, but I’ve heard of some of them. Nice about the books.

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...