Friday, December 7, 2018

Thanksgiving 2018

Well, it is nearly Christmas, and I am just now writing about Thanksgiving! Meh, what can you do? Ha! I hope I can remember what we all did, as it was so long ago! As I have said before, Canada has Thanksgiving in October, and it is the first wknd of the month. This month, it fell on October 8th. The weekend I will be talking about is from the 4th (or, the evening of the 3rd), to the 8th.

Our school had a 5 day wknd, which was really nice! We EAs had our pro-D day on Thursday, which was a great day. We learned lots, had some laughs, and enjoyed each other. I really cannot remember what I did on the evening of the 4th. I probably went to the library, ran a few errands, and started to get ready to go. Friday, Anker had a doctor's appointment in the morning, and I had errands to run. I think I was busy for most of the day, and we left around 3 or 4. We got to the ranch, and I am assuming we had dinner. Ha! I am reaching FAR in my brain (and on IG!) to remember what we all did, and when we did it....so I could be making some of this up, you never know! We stayed at the B&B, which is always nice. We enjoyed being on our own in the evenings. I read, and Anker played his game. I am just looking at my Social Media posts, and I realized that we didn't take a lot of pictures of/from the weekend. I guess I just didn't feel like taking a lot of pictures, and I wanted to enjoy the moments :)

Saturday (6th), we all started getting ready for the dinner. Mom REFUSES to do the entire dinner herself, and all we kids couldn't agree more. I can't remember what we even made/brought. I think we brought and made the yams (sweet potatoes). Oh, and I also bought the whipping cream (hilarious note: I rarely buy whipping cream, as we usually used the canned stuff. Anyway, I bought it, and was over $5, or something, so I called home, and told Mom that life had lost all meaning, as it was so expensive...lol). K, so, we all helped make the dinner in the morning, and then we, well, we ate the dinner. We went for our annual family walk. We had pie, and visited, and some of us played Dominoes. We won't talk about who lost.

Sunday (7th), we had a nice leisurely morning. I think I helped clean up a bit before we left for church. My brother, S and his family have moved (back?) to Vavenby after being in the Okanogan for the last couple of years. I actually got to hold K (she rarely lets me hold her..she usually just cries) after church for quite awhile! After church, we had a birthday party for a little friend. Then, we had #friendsgiving with some friends. We had a nice evening together. I think we went back to the cabin fairly early, and we relaxed. Actually, I think Anker went to bed, and I read.

On the 8th, we left at around 3 or so. I think I spent time reading after we packed up, and before we left to come home. It was a nice relaxing day. We had a relaxing evening, before embarking on the week ahead.

It was a great weekend, and another one for/in the books!





No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...