Friday, December 21, 2018

Cookies, Coffee, and a Christmas Concert

Well, it is now the weekend, and THIS post is about last weekend. Oh well :) First off, can I get an Amen that it is now Friday before Christmas Break? You're welcome!!!! I am looking forward to sleeping in, eating, and enjoying family. I also hope to do some reading..books and magazines! So far, it hasn't snowed in our area of town (well, it did a few weeks ago, but it didn't last or stay long), which I am not entirely mad about.

Like I said, this is about last wknd...I had hoped to have gotten this out beforehand, but somehow, it never happened. So, here is a glimpse of my/our life last wknd (yes, I said wknd twice..lol).

Last Friday, we had our secret Santa reveal at the end of the day. I was super surprised on who had me. Then, I helped my sister-in-law for a few hours. She ended up feeding me supper, which is always a good idea! I decided to go grocery shopping, since it was pay day :) I came home, put away the groceries, and watched a movie and read magazines. It was a wild Friday night, let me tell ya!

Saturday, Anker had to run an errand, so I decided to go with him. It was BUSY, so we didn't stay in that particular area for every long. We had coffee at Starbucks, then came home. I baked cookies with my friend, which was fun. We ended up making gingersnap cookies. It was the first batch of cookies that I had made this season. Anker has made 3 batches (well, four, as one set was remade), but I haven't really been wanting to bake much. I might get a few batches done this wknd, but I highly doubt it. Our fridge and freezer need a wipe down in the worst way, so think that will be the first thing I do! After the cookie baking, I came home and watched movies for awhile, and then I went to my friends house for tea. We had a wonderful visit, and I came home at 10:30.

On Sunday, I woke up at 7:30 (am!), and I had plans on going to my brother and sister-in-law's church, as H had his Christmas concert. I ended up going to the 1st service, and I understand on why the first service is so popular....you're out by 10:30! He did so well in the play..I would have taken pics, but they had asked that we not post any pics that we take on Social Media, and I wouldn't have gotten any good pics of him, anyway. After that was over,  I very nearly went to "my" church, and I probably would have, if Christmas Break had already started...so I went to Starbucks, and I journaled, and then I read. I also went back up to A and K's, but I just wanted to have a relaxing day (well, time on my own, then watching movies). I left Starbucks at 1:30-2. I came home, and I hung out and relaxed for the rest of the day. So, that was my/our wknd!!
 Gingersnap cookies! My friend's mom also gave us tarts!!
 We found these glass ornaments for $18 at Michael's. We thought that for glass ornaments, they were a good price.
I spent a few hours relaxing at my happy place!

1 comment:

deeps said...

smells like Christmas

Happy Christmas!!

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...