Saturday, December 8, 2018

Parties, (The) Plague, (My) Peepers, and Prep

So, I am going to blog about last weekend, b/c it was kind of fun, and eventful. Plus it was a 4 day weekend! I love my job, but if I could work 3 or even 4 days, that would fit me perfectly. Or, maybe I would be bored....who knows!

So, last wknd (Nov 30th-4) was really busy, but fun. I had hoped to spend a lot of watching movies, blogging, journalling, Christmas decorating, or reading, but I didn't get a whole lot of that done. I was super busy, though, which was good.

Thursday (29th): After work, I came home (probably after the library). We had supper (or something), and I relaxed for a bit. Then I went out and did some respite for an hour. I came back and hung out for the rest of the evening.

Friday (30th): Pay Day!!! I just hung out and relaxed in the morning. Then, I went to the eye doctor, and my eyesight hasn't changed in a year. Yay! I ran some errands (I think?) afterwards. I came home, and we had supper (probably). I probably bought something for us to have for supper. Then, I watched Christmas movies, and read Christmas magazines in the evening. Anker went to bed at 2 am, thanks to his GoT marathon.

Saturday (1st): I ran a couple of errands, paid rent, chatted with our neighbour, then grabbed a few things, and  then was out for the rest of the day. I went to the library really quick, then to drop off some cans and bottles at the bottle depot. I met my teacher friend at a local coffee shop, and we chatted for an hour or so. Then, I went to Value Village to see if I could find some shoes, and I did! Quickly dropped something off at my brother's. Then, I dropped my car off at my friends, and 4 of we girls car pooled to our girls' Christmas party! We had a fun night. We played games, sang, and two of the girls even gave us all gifts! Did I mention that we ate??? I got home at around 10. I didn't fall asleep until 2 or 3, though, due to the amount of caffeine that I had drank in the day.

Sunday (2nd): I went to church, but I was late. It was a great service, though. I nearly went to my brother and sister's house after, but I was in a bit of a funk. I ended up coming home, after grabbing lunch for Anker and I, and I had hoped that we could decorate the tree (the tree has been up all year, but with only half the lights on it, and they have been off. Anker had already put the lights on, and they have been "on" since last week). He didn't want to decorate the tree, so I was feeling a bit bummed about that. I watched some Christmas movies, and read some Christmas magazines. I ended up doing some decorating in our room, since I spend a lot of time there, anyway. I posted pics on IG and FB, so if you are my friend, or follow me, go and take a look!

Monday (3rd): We were supposed to have a 4 hour course, but it got cancelled on Thursday night. So, Whoever wanted to make some $ could go in and prep, or do whatever our teachers wanted us to do. I ended spending two hours (after sleeping in and having a lazy morning, of course!), then visiting K for a bit, and then going back and doing another hour. After I was finished, I came home for a bit (I don't think I went to the library), relaxed, watched movies (duh!), and got ready to go to our Church ladies Christmas party! We had a wonderful evening of eating, sharing, and gift giving! I ended up coming home at 10! I went to bed, and thus started a new week!

I wanted to mention that a lot of Kamloops has been down with The Plague. My poor mom even got it for almost two weeks! I thankfully haven't gotten it yet! A good chunk of our school was down, too. Thankfully, as our class is one of the largest classes, we still had a fair amount of kids. I think we only had one day this last wk where all of our kids were there, but at least most of the kids were there (in our class, anyway) for the week.

Also, last year at this time, I had taken at least 4 or 5 (or more!) days off, due to either being sick, or hurting my knee, etc. This year, I have only taken one day off (and that was for a test that I never ended taking!)! I am feeling pretty proud of myself, I gotta say!


Yummy White Chocolate Mocha and a Cranberry and White Chocolate chip cookie at Reservoir Coffee!

                                                           My friend's tree. I love it!!
                          These are the gifts that I came home with from the ladies church party.

                                                    Some of my decorating that I did.

No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...