Saturday, September 1, 2018

Weekend Wrap-Up-Our Last Hurrah Edition (August 24-28)

 I know that some of these posts are going to be similar in content, so I am sorry, but trust me, the are not all entirely the same. Ha! In order to get through these posts, I probably won't post a ton of pictures..at least at first...I might come back and add some pictures.

So.....We haven't done a ton of stuff together this summer (or much lately), and I wanted to go the ranch (where my parents live), and I was hoping that he would come along. I really didn't think he would, but he did. Part of the reason is that my sister, Vienna is going away (sob!) for a few years or so, to the Philippines, and last Sunday was her last Sunday in Canada (ok, so she is leaving tomorrow, but close enough). She ended up speaking and then we had a potluck (which, I had no idea about until after we got there..haha). It was kind of a weird weekend, actually. It was FREEZING, which made me kind of mad. I know that we needed the rain, and that was awesome, but it rained the entire weekend....which in itself wasn't a bad thing, except that it is ALWAYS cold when I/we go! Like Every.Single.Time. Plus, my parents' house is freezing. Anyway...it was still a good wknd. I will break it down.

Thursday: Due to my dog/house sitting for my friend, I couldn't leave until 4 or so. I ran errands, then picked up Anker, then let the dog out one more time, then we were on the road. We got there at around 6:30. The party hadn't started yet. Yay! Only Cadence, Vienna and I could make it. I wish all of we sisters could make it, but it was a bit last minute. We ate junk food, did our nails, read magazines, talked trash (we explained to my sister about the Kardashians...lol), and Cadence cut my hair. We talked until 2 am. Anker watched a movie with my family, and ate muffins, apparently.

Friday: I woke up around 10. Vienna had already left, and Cadence and I visited and read magazines for a bit...oh and ate breakfast. I hung out with her for a bit, and Anker picked me up. We got to the house around noon, and it was COLD, and there was no one there. We kind of got set up, and then decided to head to Clearwater. We went to Field's, where I got my new shoes. Anker decided to take the car in the mechanic to see what the clunking (that the car has had for ages) was. It turns out that it was the coil spring. Anyway...he was able to order the parts in (a set of two), and set to come back on Monday. Awesome. It was going to cost us nearly $500. Goody. We got back, and hung out with everyone. I was on and off my computer (much to Mom's chagrin), and I think we watched an episode of Call the Midwife. I visited our friend who lives on our property, and I got home around 10:30.

Saturday: Slept in a bit, and I just did this and that. I think I played on my laptop for a bit. I went over to visit with Aunty Valerie, but she was on the phone....then I came back, and had some lunch. Mom and I went to Vavenby. I didn't realize that we were supposed to have coffee with another friend (oops), so I went to my brother and Sister-in-laws to see them and of course their baby, K :) Oh.my.word. She is SO CUTE! We hung out there for awhile. We had buttered chicken, and Vienna and Mom came over as well. Vienna and I left around 4. I think Mom and I had a visit in the living room when I got back. Then, we had supper. I think we had chops. They were tough, but good!!! We were just hanging out, when Anker suggested we try the BlueTooth. Our Uncle had given us a BT to use, which is nice, but I think it is a bit of a pain. It doesn't like my voice..haha. Anyway...we were trying to figure that out, which turned into a bit of a shamozz. Yes, that is a word. I ended up messing up my phone (I thought it was b/c I didn't have the Google Voice working, but we found out later that it was just b/c it didn't like my voice). I ended up turning on Voice Assist/ant. So, that was fun. I was already stressed out (another post for another time and day), so I started crying. Ugh! Like, for real! The BT wouldn't' turn off, then my phone didn't turn off. We found out that it is for people who are blind...so it takes FOREVER to do what you want (commands, press buttons, etc). We went to my uncle, and it took him awhile, but we all figured it out. We came back, and we watched CTM, and went to bed.

Sunday: Slept in, played on the laptop, had breakfast, and got ready to go. I really enjoyed worship, and I had fun seeing all the babies and kids. Vienna spoke and shared her heart. She is so brave, that sister of mine! We had a potluck lunch, then we came home around 3. We spent Sunday afternoon and early evening relaxing. I probably played on my laptop again. A few people visited (including Anker!), and I hung out in the bedroom. Then I came back out, and the sun came out for awhile. We had a light supper and watched Chappaquiddick. It was a good movie. We watched another episode of CTM. Then, we went to bed.

Monday: I woke up early to get the car to the mechanic on time. Vienna had an appointment, so she picked me up, and we ran errands. I went to Tim Horton's where I had a coffee and read for a bit while she was at her appointment. Then, we ran more errands, I picked up the car, and we came back, packed up the car, and headed home. I got home, and I went to the school for a few minutes. Then I went to the library, and I met up with my friends for supper.

So, that was our wknd! I think I got everything in the right order! I love that we have our parents just close enough that we can go for a visit (for free!), but far enough that it feels like a bit of a getaway! Did anyone else have a Last Hurrah this year?

                                          Of course, the last day we were there was nicest :)

Not the best picture, but here is the new top I bought from VV a few weeks ago. I am not sure that I would wear it to school, as it moves around on me a lot, but I will wear it other places.

And these are on/in here just for fun. I actually got these from my friend the next day. She bought them when they were on their trip. Aren't they a riot?

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...