Saturday, January 14, 2017

Five on Friday

Happy Saturday!! Though I am happy to be back to the routine (not that it's much, but at least I get up, and go to work, instead of sleeping the day away), this is my first week of working 5 days, and I was SO happy when 2:30 rolled around yesterday (Friday)!  It was a great week, though, which makes my heart sing! I am very h Here are some favourites from this last wk:

One

Caramel Popcorn.

I have never been one who really loves Caramel Popcorn. I mean, I really like it, but it hasn't been my fave treat. Well, last Saturday, I went to my friend T's house for the evening, and I decided to buy popcorn (in a bag, already popped, which I NEVER do!), and it was uh-mazing!!! So, Anker made me a batch this week...then me made me another batch. Ugh...it was SO GOOD!!! We have to stop eating like this!!!

Two

Healthy Habits

Time w/ Hubby

I have a bad habit, which probably started around a year ago, when I was off work (and probably before that, as I would often go into our room after my wknds of work); I go and spend hours in our room. I know it's not healthy, either for me, or for our relationship, but I tend to esconce myself in there (or here, as I am doing this in our room now). I think it comes from the fact that Anker watches a lot of shows that I don't care to watch, my computer remains chained to the outlet, and I have my books, magazines, and shows and movies that I watch. Anyway, I have made the conscience decision to spend some time with him during the day. Well, a few days this week, we did some time together watching tv. Yes, I know it wasn't undivided time together, but I will take it. We got caught up on our TV shows, and watched Deepwater Horizon, and ate our suppers together. Today, we cleaned together :)


A New Magazine Rule

I am a slight magazine addict, and I am realizing that it is getting out of hand again, so, I am putting a few guidelines in place for myself. I am going to have to read a few devotions from my buffet of devo plans on my app. And, I am only going to take out the magazines that I really like from the library. Thankfully, I don't buy as many as I read. We will see on how long this goes for.


Three

Mary Brown's Chicken

A new restaurant opened up in our neighbourhood earlier this week, and of course, I had to try it out. I was SUPER busy, but I was in and out in half an hour. I wouldn't say it was AMAZING, but it was good. I loved their taters. Their chicken isn't as greasy as a certain fried chicken chain, and had lots of great spices. I am not going to rush back, but I will definitely try it again.

Four

A New Niece or Nephew

This didn't happen this week, in fact, we all found out in October, but I kept forgetting to post it. My brother S, and his wife N, are going to have a baby in June!!!

This photo is courtesy of N's mom (yes, I did ask if I could use it!). I am SO EXCITED!!! She has been having HORRIBLE morning sickness, which I hope will pass SOON!!

Five

Victoria on Masterpiece/PBS

Oh man, I cannot wait for this to air!! I found out about by fluke (once in a magazine that I read, and then for a second time in a book that I borrowed from the library, where the author of the book...called, Victoria, is one of the consultants for this new show), and I am SO EXCITED!! Since we don't have NF, I missed out on seeing The Crown, and so I am really looking forward to seeing this. I think it is going to be more than one season, too.










No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...