Sunday, September 11, 2016

Some Highlights of Late

Yes, I am still around...:)

Yes, I am still around (as of September 11, 2016).

Yes, I should be in bed, but funnily enough, I find it easier to blog when hubby is sleeping, and when the house is quiet. Not sure why.

Here are some highlights that have happened of late. They are actually a bit "old" now, as they happened a few weeks ago, but there they are anyway.

A few weeks ago, our girls group all got together to celebrate our friends birthday. We went to her house out in the country, and we had a lovely evening. We had spaghetti, wonderful garlic toast on foccocia bread, and caeser salad. Yum! We also played charades, and went for a boat ride, where I almost fell out. True story. It really was a lovely evening, and a great end (sob!) to my summer!

Love this view.

Their deck...isn't it nice!!?


The next day, I went to the ranch for a couple of days. I went alone, as Anker didn't feel like going. I first stopped along the way and met up with my cousin and her family who were headed back to Calgary from up the valley. We had a nice 1 hr visit, and I saw their kids, and I grabbed an iced tea for the road (we were near a Starbucks...what can I say!!?). I had a nice time; Mom and I enjoyed being together, and we read magazines, and talked, I and ended up going up to where we "summer" the sheep. My brother had to go up to do a few things, and I thought it would be fun to tag along. The next day, I ended up visiting people, and running into town to get something for mom, and then visited my SIL. Very fun. I came back around 3, and tried to have a dip in the pool, but by then it was a bit cool, so I didn't stay for very long. We had a yummy supper of steak, and watched Suffragette, which was really sad. I left around noon on Friday, so I could be back for work at 3:30 (I think that was about two wks ago now?). Oh, and my brother also helped me fix our burnt out tail light.

 Where the sheep graze every summer.
 The sky was so pink!!!
 The sheep...some of them are future little lamb chops!!!

 The sunset never gets old!!!
 Yes, that is one giant steak. Yes, I ate it all. Please don't judge (on portion control, and/or the fact that I eat meat..but at last it was my family's cow, so we knew on how they were raised ..ethically, thankyouverymuch!).

 Then, the next Wednesday, my GF and I had a Lady of Leisure day. Well, that was the name I called it. We went to Earl's, for some lovely appies, and not so lovely drinks, and some wonderful conversation!!


 We went to check out Urban Barn, which was kind of fun. It was across the street from the food place :) We had so much fun there, that we very nearly missed grabbing our coffee at the mall, and shopping around said mall. We had about 10 minutes to wander around.
We also went to Blenz Coffee in the local mall, and sat for a few minutes, and took some crazy pictures! I may or may not have knocked over a mannequin in the lingerie shop. MAYBE. Anyway, I and their version of the Caramel Macchiato, and it was really good. We hung out in the church parking lot, sat on the hood of her car, drank our drinks, talked, and took pictures. We stayed for a half our of prayer meeting, then we left.


I also have had a few PSL's, 2 SCM's, and one CM (Chili Mocha :) I liked the PSL's and SCM's, but I did not like the Chili Mocha.

 This always cracks me up!!

 PSL Above/Chili Mocha below.
 Salted Caramel Mocha and White Cheddar and Caramel popcorn. It was really good!

Oh yes.... and there is that little matter of me getting a new job, but I that will be an entire(ly) different blog post.

That's all for now. I realize that I am super behind in my posts...I haven't done many link ups lately, and there are a few blog posts that are no where near ready to publish...I was hoping to get to them this wknd, but I didn't get a chance. Anyway...will post about this wknd sometime, soon, too. Or not.


No comments:

A Little Catch Up & A Small Rant(and a Surprise!)

Howdy! Well, as my aunt says, "I'm so far behind, I'm ahead", so I think I will take a page from her play book and just st...